Carb and Needle for CMB 67 Greenhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReidCuddy

I've been running the stock carb (black with pink) and remote needle valve (black) that came with my 67 greenhead a few years ago. I'm looking to get a new carb and needle that isn't a remote. I run a 1/8th scale unlimited hyrdo but don't race and have found the remote to be more trouble than it's worth for what I'm looking to do. Lately I have been having trouble dialing in the remote needle and I'm getting inconsistent fueling to the carb.

I'd like to get a carb that has a standard needle built into it instead of a remote, and since I'm not racing I'd like to get one that's relatively easy to tune and reliable.

I've read about people putting on an OS 9B carb but I'm new to the sport and am not sure if that has a remote needle, if it's strictly a racing carb that may be hard to tune, etc.

Any information would be very helpful,

Thanks again,
Reid

Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like tower no longer sells it but I found it on another site and have ordered it. Any advice on low speed needle and main needle setting would be really helpful as well, since I've only run the remote CMB needle and have no reference on how many turns on that correlates to how many on the OS 9B. Thanks again!

According to the OS website, the VR series of engines has been discontinued so it's reasonable to assume the carbs have been as well.

sometimes when you can't get a consistent tune it's because the bearings are gone. I have the WIB Swiss made bearings for the CMB for $40 a set plus shipping of $5.

Haven't seemed to get around to doing that yet. Too busy building boats
default_smile.png
Going to lay up another cf 8255 this winter. I hadn't even finished building the last one before I was scheming on how to make the next one lighter and stronger.

Back