Futaba 3VCS 2.4 Radio System

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone out there know if I can use regular servo's with this system? I have heard rumors that I may have to us Digital servo's for this radio setup. Any truth to this? I want the FF or FS reciever? And, can I just buy more recievers for my other boats or will I need recievers with modules for each boat? Thanks in advance. Grim, I know you use this system......
Larry Jr.
HEY LARRY, I JUST ORDERED THE NEXT 2.4 SYSTEM DOWN FROM YOURS AND AS FAR AS I KNOW YOU CAN RUN REG SERVOS WITH IT. GIVE FUTABAA CALL AND TALK TO TECH. I RUN THE SPEKTRUM STUFF IN ALL MY CARS WITH REGULAR SERVOS AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS.MIKE.

So do you run it in the PPM mode for regular servos, HRS for digital?

Larry Jr.
YesLarry, When you set up your models in the memory make sure the transmitter is set to the right broadcast frequency before you turn it on. I have a 3PKS and when I set up a new model it defaults to HRS mode, and I have to manually change it to PPM. HRS mode will destroy some analog servos...Ask me how I know.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
However, why in the world would you use a servo specifically designed for extremely high speed and modest torque in a boat, of any kind.?

I just use them because they have ears on the side and they lay flat on the bottom of the radio boxe however I make competition and they work perfectly since two years

I just use them because they have ears on the side and they lay flat on the bottom of the radio boxe however I make competition and they work perfectly since two years

_MG_9645.jpg

What servo are you using??

The two servos I am referring to as Heli T/R servos are the 9251 and the 9256. They are designed specifically to be used on the tail rotor in conjunction with a Futaba Gyro.

The only Futaba digital servo with side ears on it is the 9650, which is far too small for the rudder on anything with any speed.

What servo are you using??
The two servos I am referring to as Heli T/R servos are the 9251 and the 9256. They are designed specifically to be used on the tail rotor in conjunction with a Futaba Gyro.

The only Futaba digital servo with side ears on it is the 9650, which is far too small for the rudder on anything with any speed.

I use the 9650 but only for the throttle and the trim for the rudder i use the Hitec HS-5955 tg with titanium gear perfect

_MG_9645.jpg

The 9650 was not one of the servos I was speaking about above. While it is used for tail rotor on small helis it is not one of the gyro/tail rotor servos that will fry if run above 5 volts.

Back