Fun with Tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This my current boat and well.. its been this very boat for.. now... 8 years.. where has the time gone.

Grim

20170709_103702.jpg

Man no kidding seems like just yesterday....an poof! Its 2017.

Added note: wheres the vertical on the left sponson?

My last VS-1, KaBoom with magic muff/cowl change....

Screenshot_2017-11-22-16-41-01.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I've been working on the last couple of weeks. Ran it today for the first time and was pleased with top end speed and cornering. The boat is sealed with West Marine. The cowling is from a Top Speed 3. Next step is to paint the boat and cowling.

JD

Gener.. I need to put it back on.. this motor boat combo is a monsta!

Jerry.. is this the boat we spoke of on the phone the other day.. I LIKE IT!

Grim

My old rocket,got a Masters jacket with this and one with my old My Villian.jpgLynx. Heres a tunnel head miss ole JimboIrwin 04 Nats.jpg

Here's what I've been working on the last couple of weeks. Ran it today for the first time and was pleased with top end speed and cornering. The boat is sealed with West Marine. The cowling is from a Top Speed 3. Next step is to paint the boat and cowling.

JD
Jerry what does the vertical pieces on each side of sponsons help with?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep Jim gave me my first trophy...he declined third place & i was forth..D-tunnel. Was a great friend & mentor for many years

JD
Great tunnel Jerry, you always put together nice builds and designs

My HotShot..

Modern bottom.. gets to 45 MPH and blows off like a Frisbee..lol...

Now has an original 12mm K+B on in and is signed by Jack Garcia.

Grim

Hotshot2 (2).JPG

JD
Jerry what does the vertical pieces on each side of sponsons help with?
Well, the full size tunnel boat have them so I thought I'd put them on my boat. I believe the idea is to direct a little more air over the top of the center section.

JD

The full size tunnel and hydro guys call them "air damns". They do collect and focus airflow over the deck and enhance any downforce in your cowl design. They also help keep your boat steering in a straight line,

Mic

Aeroslot or........................ HTV with custom cowl..lol

This was a SUPER running boat. I still feel more research should be done on this design.

It is toast however. It was wacked at EVERY RACE it went to.lol.. Super fast and a great runner.

O well.. RIP Rinker Hot Rod..

Grim
Very similar to Terry's current boat- love that cowl....

The best looking of the 3 in the stable at present imho.

vghmhk.jpg

Latest posts

Back