Fun with Tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark,

Yea it did real well. EPA closed down our ponds as part of there superfund project, so didnt get extended testing.

Added note:

If i remember correct the specs were plugged in from what i learned from Mike with the proto Villain, an Tommy was kind enough to give me the specs from his record boat back in 04.

Screenshots from Mike an Tommy....

Screenshot_2017-11-18-17-15-29.png

Screenshot_2017-11-18-17-00-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool,

I remember the shop cam an chat so we could follow along with the builds.

Good times bro.....

LOL.. that was fun.. My wife still talks about how fun that was...lol

Part of the fun was going to Panchos and scarfing down some Mex.. lol.. man day two at the power build was.. well.... you can guess.

LOL

Grim

DSC00669.JPG

Gene,

How did the boat run for SAW? Almost getting the itch to start making my own again.

Circa 91. My two FROG designed play boats. One is ABS and the other wood, which is which??? Both are powered by K&B, Garcia pipe and use exhaust throttles. One has a Gardner XXL while the other is the brass slider.

2qsb5tw.jpg
Well, at certain FROG made a few " lilly pads" on that design.
default_smile.png

JD

Not seeing much for Prather boats on here.. they were about as "main stream" as one could get. Easy to buy and always avalible. Good stuff really.

What about the Predator? Goofy Design and only good to about 45mph but got a number of people started.

Grim

An old Prather 3.5 tunnel showed up at our pond with P spec power last year, I thought the design was completely out classed, but it was fast enough to win several races. The XT-120 was a good design even in the 21st century. I watched the Hazelwood's transoms in Colorado in 2000. Richard was first in A stock tunnel. I posted Richard's modifications on the old Leecraft web site under racing tips. I raced that modified version for several years and was second with it in 2001 before I got the XTR-21 molds.

Lohring Miller

A Stock Tunnel 2001 nats.jpg

Hows this for an oldy? My dad was the first A tunnel record holder in NAMBA. Pretty sure his time was beat the very next time a heat was run on a record course.

Attachments

• 1008A58F-74BF-4112-86A2-FA29F594EB7D.jpeg
    1008A58F-74BF-4112-86A2-FA29F594EB7D.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 78
  • A224D41D-6E1D-46F0-B977-1EC2F3CEE7F8.jpeg
    A224D41D-6E1D-46F0-B977-1EC2F3CEE7F8.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 76
Hows this for an oldy? My dad was the first A tunnel record holder in NAMBA. Pretty sure his time was beat the very next time a heat was run on a record course.

One of these days Ill have to dig through his collection of photos to see if I can find any pic of my tunnels from the 90s.
Wow. There is a lot of history in that pic!!! That looks like the factory K&B with the venturi and exhaust throttle.

Aeroslot or........................ HTV with custom cowl..lol

This was a SUPER running boat. I still feel more research should be done on this design.

It is toast however. It was wacked at EVERY RACE it went to.lol.. Super fast and a great runner.

O well.. RIP Rinker Hot Rod..

Grim

IMG_6852.jpg

Back