Full Sized Kneelers coming to IMPBA District 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Saxvik

Full sized kneelers will be coming to town to vie for a national championship

this weekend in Zanesville Ohio. They will be testing Wednesday and Thursday

with racing to begin on Friday. They will be running the elimination heats then

and will follow up with finals (time permitting)later Friday and all day

Saturday. Sunday will be the "blow-out day" for anything that doesn't get to

run because of any weather delays prior to that.

For any of you not familiar with APBA Class structure, these are in between

the Stock and Pro Divisions of the kneel down boats. The motors can be slightly

modified, running on gas and oil and will reach speeds approaching 100 mph.

Here is site for schedule:

http://www.indianaoutboard.org/nationals/

If you click on "sanction" in the first paragraph, you will be provided with

directions to race course, etc.

Here are links to divisions that will be running this weekend:

http://www.apba-racing.com/modified.html

http://www.apba-racing.com/Categories/J/JuniorClasses.html

Last edited by a moderator:
And I do hope the US Title series still has its eyes on Raliegh, NC on October 9th..for my birthday! haha

Great info Ron!

Do you plan on stopping by at the Nats this year?

Steve Ball

I'll be there Steve. Our Stock and Pro Nationals are the same week but because

of circumstances beyond my control, am staying close to home that week. Got a

call from Mike Crawford last week so may go up Thursday or Friday for testing

and then Sunday for sure. Am looking forward to seeing this again.....made it

up for a few days the last time the Nats were in Seville and really enjoyed

my time there so don't want miss this one.

C.U.There,

Ron

And I do hope the US Title series still has its eyes on Raliegh, NC on October 9th..for my birthday! haha
Am going to try to make that one Mike but not sure right now......was looking forward to meeting

you down there but that may have to wait. Here is Title Series link for anyone interested in

seeing these in action: http://www.ustitleseries.org/index.php

Was kinda surprised when I saw you electifying your knee jockey boat.....those are supposed to

make noise with the added smell of nitro and castor oil in the air when they're running.

Am going to try to make that one Mike but not sure right now......was looking forward to meeting

you down there but that may have to wait. Here is Title Series link for anyone interested in

Was kinda surprised when I saw you electifying your knee jockey boat.....those are supposed to

make noise with the added smell of nitro and castor oil in the air when they're running.

Haha, Yeah, I am looking forward to the race there. I wanted to try a kneeler with electric on this build. I have recently fallen in love with the FE power as its so much less hassle to haul a bunch of stuff out to the pond, and its quieter, and where I run, there are dogs, and lots of people hanging out by the pond, so any less noise I feel is a welcome thing to the community. I will still be powering my Capsle pro hydro with 11cc OB nitro power tho...because as you say, it needs the noise, and the big tuned pipe coming right off the back! That boat is going to be coming out soon. It's really ready for paint, but I have recently decided the cowling needs to be lighter, so I am building another with epoxy resin, instead of polyester to help make it thinner, stronger, and lighter. You will see the pics when I get it finished! I don't feel it will disappoint!

Haha, Yeah, I am looking forward to the race there. I wanted to try a kneeler with electric on this build. I have recently fallen in love with the FE power as its so much less hassle to haul a bunch of stuff out to the pond, and its quieter, and where I run, there are dogs, and lots of people hanging out by the pond, so any less noise I feel is a welcome thing to the community. I will still be powering my Capsle pro hydro with 11cc OB nitro power tho...because as you say, it needs the noise, and the big tuned pipe coming right off the back! That boat is going to be coming out soon. It's really ready for paint, but I have recently decided the cowling needs to be lighter, so I am building another with epoxy resin, instead of polyester to help make it thinner, stronger, and lighter. You will see the pics when I get it finished! I don't feel it will disappoint!
Haven't been disappointed so far ! Everything I have seen of yours is out and out gorgeous.

Thanks, wait till you see the pics I post later today. If I didnt have to go out to a pump station startup this morning, I would do it now. You will like it! Mike

Ron, Maybe this will satisfy you! haha

Got the base color painted..black.. I am still thinking about the Dupont paint job. Just gotta find time to do that work. As you can see, I am using a realistic tuned pipe for the Pro Hydro boats. It will also use an Air cooled 11cc K&B outboard. Basically it will be using the straight back tuned pipe in the first engine pic, and the engine from that second engine pic. Enjoy! Mike

IMGP0094Large.jpg

IMGP0095Large.jpg

IMGP0096Large.jpg

IMGP0097Large.jpg

IMGP0098Large.jpg

IMGP0099Large.jpg

Latest posts

Back