Full P Power Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPeterson

Some eye candy especially for Hugh.

Titan 40, 33 inch hull, Lehner 2260/5 - 27m - air cooled, 2P-10,000 mah, Custom YGE 200, Custom ball bearing Speedmaster strut, Dual water pickup Speedmaster rudder and trim tabs, custom turn fins.

Boat was built as a dedicated P-Offshore rig. P-Offshore is a 4 minute heat for lap count. Props are in the 45mm to 48mm range. I ran it a few times in P-Mono. P-Mono props has been in the 48mm to 52mm range. I didn't build it for P-Mono and I don't like to run it in P-Mono due to P-Mono being an expensive crash and burn class.

The boat is an animal. 10.5 lbs rtr. The esc is 1.25 lbs on its own. You can run it down the back stretch going 50-55 half throttle and then punch it. After that just hang on. After a 4 minute offshore heat or a 1.5 minute P-Mono heat the equipment comes back at ambient.

Enjoy the pics.

000_0130.jpg

000_0131.jpg

000_0132.jpg

My MAN! YOU KNOW I LOVE IT. Thats the sh-- im talking about. YES SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR looks good under that hatch I see why you keep it covered B) . BEAUTIFUL D

Question: what is a "CUSTOM" yge 200 ?

Last edited:
Hugh - I had a hunch you would like this. Be carefull. You can get hooked on this stuff. And some of this is crazy expensive. It's OK to buy it the first time as it will last forever. Unless you crash and burn.

The custom YGE is a special made 200 amp esc by Heino Jung (YGE) out of Germany. This one has extremely low resistance and heavy duty fets. It also has 9 Caps and dual cooling plates. I did the caps and cooling plates. The stock YGE 200's I don't believe are even available anymore as I don't seem them listed on the web site. I have an inventory so I am covered. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man thats nice as heck D. The carbon fiber rails, the whole 9.Thats a sweet rig. I take it you like the 2260/5? You ought to be ashamed of yourself for being stingy with such a nice boat.

I hope the newbs see . THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A REAL RACE BOAT

quality gear, not that bs

A NO LIMIT SOLIDER

Yes Terry.

The boat has only seen water during races. Ran it at Arizona in March 2011 in P-Offshore. By the third round I had some of the trim worked out. Took it to London for P-Mono. Got 3 firsts, a 2nd and then a dnf in that order. I ran a different prop for each heat. Randle got the start on me in the 5th heat and held it. Going into the last heat I was tied for Chris overall. I got the start and the lane. I punched it going for the first turn and I flipped it. Took it to Arizona this year for P-Offshore and P-Mono. Didn't do all that well with it. It's got some handling issues. I'll be way out front and or running smooth and then all of a sudden it will do a nose dive. I have since did some work on the trim tabs. I actually found them to have moved from where they were supposed to be.

I need to spend some time with the boat on the water testing props and tuning the hull. Doing this during races is a stretch. Too busy with P-limited stuff. I hope to have it ready for the Nats.

"P-Limited" stuff ooooooooooooh my god :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :rolleyes: :eek:

Doug I love this boat if you ever let her go I want first dibs lol. On my prather I think the trib tabs may have hurt handling. Ive heard Mr Finch talk about that on the wildthing but Darin had exactly the opposite results.Go figure. Hope you get it all worked out. Theres a microburst 60 on sale here on Iw. Ive been considering it as a q mono, but ii need to move some boats out of here to justify adding it to my fleet.

Anyway - gorgeous boat, killer install, and awesome equipment. SWEET!

Last edited:
My boat needs some tweaking too still haven't run it since London. There's a another 5date MPH in the boat of I could get a little more stable. Need yo raise my stinger maybe.

I'm choosing not to comment on Randall's start.

Terry - I forgot that you were in P-Mono too. What was wrong with Randall's starts? :ph34r: Good one!

My boat needs some tweaking too still haven't run it since London. There's a another 5date MPH in the boat of I could get a little more stable. Need yo raise my stinger maybe.

I'm choosing not to comment on Randall's start.
Terry - I forgot that you were in P-Mono too. What was wrong with Randall's starts? :ph34r: Good one!
Do I need to get the popcorn :mellow: ?

Terry - You should post some pics of your Q Sport Hydro. Other than a full blown 10S Rigger this is the fastest heat racing hydro/boat I have seen on the water yet.

Maybe we can get a few of these yoga pants wearing P-Limited racers to put on a pair of Wranglers and do some real racing. :)

Maybe we can get a few of these yoga pants wearing P-Limited racers to put on a pair of Wranglers and do some real racing. :)
Wranglers are all well and good, but I always found then a bit confining. Carhartts are more comfortable if you really need to get some work done. ;)

Looking forward to the nats in June.

Hello Jay. I actually did measure mine. Its like 33.578 inch's. The Aeromarine web site is incorrect. :) This is show your "high powered boat Month". Were showing what we got. What you got?

Snowman - I forgot about Carhart. Carhart certainly one ups Wrangler. However, Bret Farve wears Wrangler. I don't know, seems even. I will be at the Nats this year even if I have to cancel clients, get divorced, cash in my IRA.......... Hey - I'll be running my Thunderboat this Sunday for the first time. I'll try to get some pics or some video.

None of the measurements on Aeromarine's site are correct, at least not the way we measure our boats. I asked Remy about it once, and he said they measure the boats along the deck crown. That still doesn't make the 34.5" SprintCat 40/80 equal the 36" they say it is....

See hot boat in new thread.

Yep - going over to the big gas boats. Been playing with the toy P-limited stuff long enough. :)

No - just running one gas boat to blend in with the Badger nitro/gas club we hooked up with. And the Thunderboats are way cool.

Don't post your P-Mono pics - it will make mine look silly.

I don't think so Doug. When you're not looking I study your boats.

If you and I ever learn to drive consistantly we'll be a force of nature. I did recently discover that the Spektrum controllers have a throttle. Did you know we could actually let off through the corners? Go figure.

Doug I told myself that I would only have one gas boat too. ;)

I currently have a cat, two monos, two Thunder Boats, (only one is RTR) and they are all a blast!

Shoot if nitro didn't make me ill, I'd have a couple of them also. :lol:

Your Titan looks good! B)

D.

Back