Fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you would not recommend it then Gene...

Did you guys try trim tabs :eek: ever? Hate to put those things to my hull but stil trying to get it over 50.

Kris, I will send Tom a picture of my setup with the car pipe, then you can see

Oscar

Hi Oscar,

I did not have much luck with the extended cav plate, however I did have luck with the trim tabs, Billy R. clued me in on that, I extended the sponson bottoms out the back, during a rebuild from a huge blowoff I had, about 1/4 inch, Bill cut his back to about 1/8 inch, this did work. You could make up a small set to fit your hull out of aluminum I would think. Use double sided tape to hold them on for testing till you deceided if ya liked them or not.

Gene ;D

Gene thanks. Only 1/4 " ? Ok I'll do that. Keep you informed.

I'm going to test something tomorrow to make this thing turn hopefully a little bit better. Because of the cg the hull dives and hooks immediatly when even only thinking of making a turn. I put some tabs in the front of the tunnel so it won't dive that fast.

Like the old dumas hot shot has.....

Oscar,

Yes a 1/4" is plenty, any more and its too much drag.

Good luck on your testing today, :D

Gene ;D

Well that was easy! It works. No more hooking today, Just nice reliable turning!

Lost my precious Prahter P215 though :( and my new Prop Shop PS 4214E/2L > :(

Did you guy's ever tried this prop (shop)? It has so much pitch you have to place the waterintake more backwards and it only just fits under the caviatation plate. I did not expect the old engine to take this treatment but: It runs this prop easily!!!

One more thing to try for you guys?

Never tried the Prop Shop brand, sounds interesting.

So how did you loose two props in the same day :eek:

Gene ;D

Gene,

I've never lost a prop in almost 10 years of boating and today two of them. > :(

The propshop has so much pitch that there is not much room for a piece op fuel lining to place between the nut and the propshaft. So I replaced that for a self securing nut (?) but that did not last. So that was the propshop.

After that I don't exacly know what happened but the P 215 did go to with using a normal length of tubing. Diod something wrong I guess.

So back to the grinding and polishing!

Hi Guys

I finnaly got more diskspace from my provider so I can post the promised pic of my setup....

int2.jpg

Shoot me!! ;)

Hey Oscar

thanks for the pic! :D

i might give it a god to try and get some performances like you have ;) (but that is when i find the right .35 tunnel in my budget range lol)

Kris

Hi Oscar,

What type of OS carby do you have on your motor? Your header (exhaust pipe) is very short - even by car standards. But it obviously works. Boat looks like a lot of fun!

GT 8)

On this engine it is a OS 2d. It is pretty big compared to the K&B one's. 8,6mm. I think it is the same carb as the OS outboard has though.

Yes the header is extreme short. But remember I only run 25% nitro.

I stil got to solve the problem from getting airborne after only a few seconds full throttle. But when I found a solution 80 is in sight!! :)

Looking nice!! Thanks for sharing your setup.

Any more details like cg, speed, prop etc?

Other guy's? Would be interesting to have a gallery of setups overhere.......

Back