Ft Wayne IN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watercadet

Guys I am going to be touring the Harris Kayot factory this week and have a free day in Ft Wayne tomorrow. I got the address to Phils and plan on leaving my credit card in the hotel room when I go there. Any thing else I should check out?

If you're into old cars, you can drive down to Auburn and check out the Cord/Auburn/Deusenberg museum.

Take your credit card and load up on glow plugs while you're at Phil's then resell them at races to make a few extra bucks. ;)

Guys I am going to be touring the Harris Kayot factory this week and have a free day in Ft Wayne tomorrow. I got the address to Phils and plan on leaving my credit card in the hotel room when I go there. Any thing else I should check out?
Hi Adam..

Glad to hear that you're visiting our fare city. Hope you brought some of that Southern Cal. heat with you. Phil's has two stores in Ft. Wayne, one on Lake St., and one on N. Clinton. The Lake St. store has more boating stuff, and the Clinton St. store is in nicer shape. If you need more info on Ft. Wayne, give me a call (260)492-0356. I have the day off tomorrow, so if you would like to meet up, let me know.

Steve Ball

If you're into old cars, you can drive down to Auburn and check out the Cord/Auburn/Deusenberg museum.

Take your credit card and load up on glow plugs while you're at Phil's then resell them at races to make a few extra bucks. ;)

Ron's right,

The Museum is awesome!

It's also the factory where the cars were once built.

If you get there,bring a Lobster bib to catch your drule.

Great stuff guys! Thanks for the replies. I am at the Hilton Convention Center with a co worker. We drove in from Chicago (that was lame) and drove past the museum. Have to stop by there for sure. We drove past one Phils on the way down Lima I think it was. Doesn't sound like that was the boat location. Which one does Bob work out of? Bob you there?

I have to say in the few hours I have been here it is a fine city indeed. Just got back from Columbia SC, and there was not too much happinin with the Bubbas.

Going up to Fon Du Lac Wednesday afternoon to tour the Merc factorys too. That should be fun. I promise to take a bunch of pictures. I hear they are a little camera shy though. About 15 years ago they let some Japanese guys in, then look what happened!

Adam,

Bob now works at Lowe's,he is going to move next year to S.C. so he wanted to get a transfer.

Paris is the man to take care of you now that Bob Kensill is working at Lowe's.

John,

Bob and Karen Kensill will be moving down to S.C. next year.

Have Fun In Wisconsin,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Lima, Ohio but I don't know if there is one in Indiana. I remember Lima, Ohio as I got caught speeding through there at about 3:00 AM on my way to King's Island. Luckily I got off with a warning.

I'll bet that the drive was awful for you but it'll be worse today as in 8 hours, my truck had a good 5 inches of snow on it and it's still coming down.

Adam, one other thing you might be interested in, if you have time. Just 25 mi. south of Ft. Wayne, is the Formula boat factory. Contact Mr. Ted Porter, and see if you can get a tour, and if you're real nice, you'll get to see the U5 and U7 Formula unlimited boats.

Steve Ball

Adam, one other thing you might be interested in, if you have time. Just 25 mi. south of Ft. Wayne, is the Formula boat factory. Contact Mr. Ted Porter, and see if you can get a tour, and if you're real nice, you'll get to see the U5 and U7 Formula unlimited boats.

Steve Ball
Steve . can you give me an adres on that factory .. i will be touring with 2 other europeans in Ohio and close by , see the gasnats in Celina , but we will D-tour aswell .. like to take a look at the factory ..

Thanx !

Jerome

Steve Ball
I called there to see if I could. They said they only would give tours to prospective and active dealers. I can understand, they are almost viewed as compitition for me.

Just got back from the Auborn-Cord-Dusey meseum. That was great.

When I get back to my USB cord at home I will update my gallery with a ton of stuff.

You need to be there Labor Day weekend as they have the Kruze (sp.?) International car auction, the closest thing in the area like the Barrett-Jackson. You can't miss the place as it's right alongside the highway.

I heard that Bob and Karen were moving to the Altanta, GA area.

You need to be there Labor Day weekend as they have the Kruze (sp.?) International car auction, the closest thing in the area like the Barrett-Jackson. You can't miss the place as it's right alongside the highway.

I heard that Bob and Karen were moving to the Altanta, GA area.

That is NOT SC! About 2 to 2.5 hours away to the border. I thought at one time it was going to be Savannah, GA, which is on the border.

Steve Ball
"I called there to see if I could. They said they only would give tours to prospective and active dealers. I can understand, they are almost viewed as compitition for me."

Adam,

The T-Bird group are a fantastic bunch of people to deal with.A real down to earth group.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get a chance to visit there marvelous facility.

It's really second to none.

I've been manufacturing over 80-90% of all stainless hardware Formula uses on all of there boats for the last 28 years. Including the Miami facility before they closed it. They're a real pleasure to work with.

Even if you were to get the tour,you probably wouldn't have seen the Hydros anyway.

Although they make a periodic stop at the Formula plant,they live down the road in there own building.

Ted did an incredable job for a 1st year team.

My hats off to them!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was too bad that I couldn't go and see the Formula factory, but they were very nice about it, and I totaly understand why. I wouldn't want my competition go and see how the boats that I sell are built. All in all my stay in the Mid West was great. Mercury was absolutly amazing, but the only picture I have from there was one of my visitor badge for proof. They said that last time they let a bunch of Japanese guys through with cameras Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha suddenly has some "new" developments.

Back