frustration

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dale

???No luck running in the cool weather ready to send my boats to the bottum of the pond :'( I have a 7.5 and a .67 k&b both with pipes motors are in great running condition,tryed hotter plug ,new fuel,40 % ,tryed rich setting to lean setting im pulling out my gray hair is the pipe that tuchey or what, motors start fine but won't rev up to speed or when i do thay just stop running seams like there fludding out ??? What elce can i try I ran both boats at the end of last summer they ran fine .Please save me :'( :'( :'( DALE B

I had exactly the same problem w/ my .21, I asked everyone on the "check out my new K&B" post and no one had any answers. I know, I know....

Are you guys using last years fuel? If so try some fresh stuff. I had the same problem with a OPS.65 . I just wanted to start it up and check the new motor mount. But wouldn't run for sh#@ with the old gas. Got a new bottle and it had a whole new attitude! ;D

Just a thought.

Dale,

Now was the engine temp? If its running to cold, it will never run right, and you'll always be adjusting the needle. You should try to pinch off the water line to adjust for the cold water, but still have some flow thru to cool it.

Andy

: :) I tried new fuel same results,How can you tell if fuel is bad ???Don't ask how but this new fuel i have, taste sweet 40%omeaga actually i was blowing out the needle :-X never noticed it before .Dale

I have a small plastic 90 degree in the water outlet to restrict flow, the motor felt warm to the touch out of the water but the water is still very cold it just unfroze last week maybe thats my problem the same setup ran great end of last year, water was warm then. I'll just have to wait till the water warms up a little. Dale :'(

Hello Dale

I can feel your frustration man but keep at it. New 40% fuel and a hot plug should run fine in your conditions. You might need to restrict the water a little more. The engine should be hot to the touch when brought in, not warm. If the engine runs/idles fine on shore but dies soon after hitting the water I think you must be going lean. Check your fuel tank and line for pin holes, check the fuel pickup for blockage as well as the carb inlet and spray bar. You might have a piece of crud causing problems somewhere.

Martin

Jeff Torgalski.

I finish with that problem putting him this carburetor to my K&B. 21 and if the old gasoline if affects in the slow march of the motor and in the transfer to high rpms.

It tests this carburetor O.S. Carburetor #20C .32 SX-H

(http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCA29)

have placed this since has adjustment in drop.

I equal had those problems with my K&B and that the solution went.

then I put a pic of sample.

Gatt.

WOW! I am having that same problem? i switched from 30% with a #4 plug in an O/B that ran great to 45% with a #9 that wont launch ??? as a matter of fact none of my boats are launching? i think that they are all to lean? and the water is still cold so restrict the water flow and richen it alot Then lean it out as you run. I will try this weekend hope it works for both of us?

Hope this helped ya? Good luck

hey dale ,

as strange as it sounds,

when the water is vary cold it is also heaver (so it is harder to run your normal props also.

have you tried running a smaller prop?

also I have used a zip tie to restrick the cooling water to the engine.

one last thing,, if you can get some odonnel 40 fuel that would help also.

remember' test,test test

good luck mark

Whats up with odonnel fuel and how will this help, my local hobby stores carrries it give me the scoop Thanks DALE ???

First thing Thanks all for your info , i went through the carb ,i'll check fuel tank and i'll replace all fuel lines and give it a try this friday , I won,t give up i like boats to much :D When the run good. Dale

What kind of lube are you using on your shafts? When it gets cold, the grease that most people use becomes very thick. This will load the motor to much. I use 50/50 mix of 30W oil and stp 4 stroke oil. Inboard and out.

Mike

Jeff Torgalski

Entonces entiendes el español que bueno pues mi amigo aqui en merida todos tuvimos el mismo problema y algunos pusieron el carburador .45 y .35 supertigre y yo puse el .32 OS y se acabaron nuestros problemas con la carburacion y usamos la bujia #8 OS y la Mac coy #9 otra modificacion fue la funda del flex shaft usamos un tubo de cobre y se acabaron las roturas de chicotes

Gatt.

He basically says to use a copper tube for the flex shaft, and the carb from an o.s. That's what he did, and his problems were solved. He also changed the plugs os #8 and Mccoy 9.

Jeff

Gatt, your spanish is much better than your english, but, I commend you on your effort! You do better than me!

Back