From the Man himself

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael winter

Don't know what brought the decision, but he means it. Good luck Jimmy

Hydro Fans:
After much consideration, I have decided to not return as the driver of the U-1 Miss Madison for the 2016 H1 Unlimited racing season. Please note that this decision in no way reflects my feelings for my team and of the great city of Madison, IN.

I wish the team all the best in 2016 and beyond. In my two years with the team we accomplished a lot that I am very proud of and I am truly grateful for everyone who assisted and made these accomplishments possible. I hope that while my decision is disappointing to a lot of people that you can try to understand I need to do what is best for myself and my family.

Boat racing has been my greatest passion since I was very young. I am very proud of my unlimited career and thankful to those who helped me accomplish all that I have in such a short period of time. While I hope this is not the end and I eventually get a shot in another unlimited, it has been a great ride and I thank you for all of your support and encouragement along the way.
-Jimmy Shane

When he first came into the unlimited ranks, I was not a fan in any way, shape or form. In his time since, I've seen him go from a youngster with a lot to learn to a very competitive driver and, with this "good bye" note, a class act.

If he is truly done, I can only hope that he and his family, to use the old sailor's prayer, always have fair winds and following seas.

Best wishes for the future Jimmy and thanks for the exciting ride the past two years
default_biggrin.png

He and his family are personal friends of mine, I am proud he went out on top his way. He is a new father and husband now but I do believe we will see him again racing or training the next generation of racing Shane family.

Latest posts

Back