For Sale rcRacingEvents.com

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

Looking for someone who can carry this project forward. I can no longer do it for personal reasons. Would like $1000.00 and a commitment that it will be maintained and furthered for the good of the hobby.

Candidate should be (but not a requirement) familiar with VB6, and Perl software languages. you will get all source code, domain name, and any telephone/programming support I can provide for one year.

If I can find no one, it will be shut down on August 1, 2012.

I will not give/sell this to just anyone. It's not really about the money, but you MUST show that you are committed to the hobby and would be serious about furthering it.

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Bill,

I hope everything is ok. I would jump at this opportunity if it was 1 1/2 years later. I donate a lot of time already, managing my daughter's high school websites, and several at the middle school as well. You have designed a wonderful site that the clubs can use to manage boat races and we are all appreciative for your creation. If someone jumps on this, I will be happy to help them in any way I can for our hobby. Thanks......... ;)

Bill,

My company (I own it) is a cloud services and IT Support provider (http://www.concentricsinc.com) and we have our own datacenter here in Littleton, Colorado. I am very excited about RCRacingEvents.com site and I actually came across this post by accident. I was on the site setting up our district for our races and had some questions. I did a search on IW and ran across this post. I would like to talk to you as soon as possible about the prospects of taking the site forward. We have web development resources to maintain it and we have the infrastructure to support it.

I would be willing to continue to provice this service free of charge to the hobby providing that I can somehow recover the purchase price. The cost of a dedicated server, bandwidth and maintenance I can incorporate into my daily datacenter costs. I am in a position to move this to one of our servers immediately.

Is this a LAMP site ? We host using Microsoft's IIS but PHP and CGI are no problem.

Dave

Bill,

My company (I own it) is a cloud services and IT Support provider (http://www.concentricsinc.com) and we have our own datacenter here in Littleton, Colorado. I am very excited about RCRacingEvents.com site and I actually came across this post by accident. I was on the site setting up our district for our races and had some questions. I did a search on IW and ran across this post. I would like to talk to you as soon as possible about the prospects of taking the site forward. We have web development resources to maintain it and we have the infrastructure to support it.

I would be willing to continue to provice this service free of charge to the hobby providing that I can somehow recover the purchase price. The cost of a dedicated server, bandwidth and maintenance I can incorporate into my daily datacenter costs. I am in a position to move this to one of our servers immediately.

Is this a LAMP site ? We host using Microsoft's IIS but PHP and CGI are no problem.

Dave
Dave this would be way cool! I'm just starting to use this site and it's a must have for any club and district can't wait to learn more about it. See you in a few months.

I recommended to Bill 2 years ago to charge a small fee, like $50, to post a race. He wanted to do it free but it costs time and money to support it. That fee would provide an small income stream to keep it up and to pay for the investment. Any club that has used the site knows how great is and it is a small pittance for the use of it. The CMB club uses it 3 or more times a year ourselves and I would pay for it out of my own pocket to use it.

Should not cost Bill or the clubs a dime.. leave that to the MFGs and resellers (Advertising).

Grim

Agreed, I think if we can do it for free that would be the best. I do not mind covering the cost of the infrastructure to run the site but the 1K up front is the part that would be a little more difficult for me.

D

Agreed, I think if we can do it for free that would be the best. I do not mind covering the cost of the infrastructure to run the site but the 1K up front is the part that would be a little more difficult for me.

D
David, how about doing a donation drive like Tom does on this site, I am sure you would be able to recover all or most of the initial cost.

Bumping this topic to the top has generated new discussions. I am hopeful Bill will chime in and someone can work out something with him if they haven't already. Everyone appreciates his website and hard work...... ;)

We used this service for our NL Open for the first time last weekend and I couldn't imagine doing it any other way going forward, sure hope someone steps up to continue this.

It was/is desperately needed...

I think we have found a way to cover the up front costs. Anyone know how to get a hold of Bill? August 1st is coming up quick so I would like to get this going ASAP.

D

I think we have found a way to cover the up front costs. Anyone know how to get a hold of Bill? August 1st is coming up quick so I would like to get this going ASAP.

D
On the JRCBD thread, it sounds like someone is lined up to take over the website. Not sure where Bill is on the threads, hope he is o.k.. I plan to use this software when our club holds any races next year.

D
On the JRCBD thread, it sounds like someone is lined up to take over the website. Not sure where Bill is on the threads, hope he is o.k.. I plan to use this software when our club holds any races next year.
Where is the discussion about this on Jim's?

Bill told me a few months ago that he will continue to support all races through the year or longer. He added that the August 1st date is not really a hard date. I have not spoken or had any contact with him since. He has been working a lot out of state (FL).

D
Where is the discussion about this on Jim's?

Bill told me a few months ago that he will continue to support all races through the year or longer. He added that the August 1st date is not really a hard date. I have not spoken or had any contact with him since. He has been working a lot out of state (FL).
http://www.jrcbd.com...ead.php?t=64383

I have talked to Bill about buying the system so we can carry it forth. He answered and said he has had a change of heart and decided not to sell. My offer still stands in case he changes his mind.

We will negotiate about the price when he changes his mind to sell.

Back