Foam for sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Weathersby

Im at a hault on my 45 rigger because I have builders block ......so to speak...... Where do you guys find foam thick enough so you dont have to glue it together? I bought a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 in thick pink closed cell insulation from Home Depot. I glued 4 pieces together with silicon so they would be thick enough to form one sponson. Im just curious if this is the norm or if you guys have any other suggestions. Resin eats it up and all the foam I find is to thin and would have to be glued regardless and they are not closed cell they are the flakey messy type foam that i cant imagine is what everyone is using. Please help me out here. Maybe I just havent hit the right store yet. Thanks, Duane

Im at a hault on my 45 rigger because I have builders block ......so to speak...... Where do you guys find foam thick enough so you dont have to glue it together? I bought a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 in thick pink closed cell insulation from Home Depot. I glued 4 pieces together with silicon so they would be thick enough to form one sponson. Im just curious if this is the norm or if you guys have any other suggestions. Resin eats it up and all the foam I find is to thin and would have to be glued regardless and they are not closed cell they are the flakey messy type foam that i cant imagine is what everyone is using. Please help me out here. Maybe I just havent hit the right store yet. Thanks, Duane
Some of Lowe’s have 2" 4 x8' sheets of pink foam. I use spray adhesive 777 for the pink foam. Fast Boris

Thanks guys looks like i may try the 777 adhesive didnt even think of that duh.... Thanks Boris. Does it seem to hold up fairly well? Ray Im gonna order some of the foam you suggested for my next build thanks for the info.

BTW, EPOXY resin works fine for laminating foam sheets, but polyester resin does not (as you found out). I don't think I'd use polyester resin on ANY rigger parts.

Some of Lowe’s have 2" 4 x8' sheets of pink foam. I use spray adhesive 777 for the pink foam. Fast Boris
the 3M 08074 trim spay adhesive works a little better than the 777 and wont seperate in hot weather.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Co. that Andy Brown get there foam from. DIAB Inc. the foam that you need is called H80 call Bob & he will point you to one of his sales Reps.

Bob Burda

Regional Sales Manager

DIAB Inc.

13202 NE 145th Ave

Brush Prairie,WA. 98606

Ph. 360 921-0881 Fax 360 604-1340

Or

Tonya Wright

Customer Service Representative

Diab, Inc. DeSoto, TX

(p)972-228-7613

(f) 972-224-9005

[email protected]

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you glue the ply to the foam with 3m 77 ?

Latest posts

Back