Florida Tunnel Boat Mutiny!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the FE Tunnel spec and FE open;

FE spec-would be the 4cell lipo-8cell nimh? Would this class have any other restrictions, ie: length of boat, outdrive size. I have heard in the past of the UL-1, SV-27 or Proboat motors as a rule, what about ESC size?

FE open-Would this mean any and every size motor, esc, outdrive, tunnel length and battery?

About the kneeler hydro class- Is anyone open to nitro and FE power boats running together as long as they are all 35" in length, 3.5 lower units, and outboards? Again, I have an FE version that I would definitely bring to run if that is a possibility!

Sorry if there are a set of rules that I don't know about. This is the only race that comes really very close to Greenville, NC and I would love to try and make it there to run! Thanks guys, Mike Luszcz
Mike,

I believe FE open Tunnel OB should mean "run what you brung" but I defer to the CMB club for final say on FE rules as they have already run an FE class. FE open probably depends on support and turnout.

Kneeler specs I hope Jerry "the King" Dunlap will chime in at some point. FE & Nitro together to build a class is interesting but the advantage of an FE could kill it before it blossoms. The good thing is an FE could be regulated by voltage? or cells? to make level power with a Sport 21 OB? You tell me here as there may be a couple kneelers down here in Fl being built. FE guys you know how to speed em up but do you have the knowledge and will to make yourselves competative without just blowing nitro away? I don't know that answer.

Back