Flint, MI - Record Trial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any records set this weekend Terry?

Boy, talk about a cold front! Out testing here in London and it's only 12C (or 54F). Looks like a decent weekend, maybe a weak system to go through Saturday but no big winds or weather:

http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/progs/

Mike, Mark and I will be there Friday at noon to set up, see ya'll there!
Hey Bill:

Wanted to get some pix up tonight but just too dead beat to do it. I can tell you though that Mike Nowicki set the C hydro SAW after much work at 95.663 mph with a best pass of 96.031 and Dave Preusse upped your Sport 20 records to 53.931 mph for the SAW and 27.631 sec for the oval. Looks like you'll have to answer the challenge at your upcoming events!

I'll get some pix up tomorrow... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
" Mike Nowicki set the C hydro SAW after much work at 95.663 mph with a best pass of 96.031 and Dave Preusse upped your Sport 20 records to 53.931 mph for the SAW and 27.631 sec for the oval."(quote)

Congrats to Mike and Dave for one hell of a job!

Guess I should have stayed a little longer.

I missed Daves run. :(

Already planning to with one of Gerhaty's 4 bladed props for at least the SAW record. Plus looking at the 21 mono record SAW. Mine is really coming on strong lately. Hope we have some good weather for it. Thanks!

Any records set this weekend Terry?

Boy, talk about a cold front! Out testing here in London and it's only 12C (or 54F). Looks like a decent weekend, maybe a weak system to go through Saturday but no big winds or weather:

http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/progs/

Mike, Mark and I will be there Friday at noon to set up, see ya'll there!
Hey Bill:

Wanted to get some pix up tonight but just too dead beat to do it. I can tell you though that Mike Nowicki set the C hydro SAW after much work at 95.663 mph with a best pass of 96.031 and Dave Preusse upped your Sport 20 records to 53.931 mph for the SAW and 27.631 sec for the oval. Looks like you'll have to answer the challenge at your upcoming events!

I'll get some pix up tomorrow... :blink:

Bill,

That is a PROPS-4-U (P-741/4) that I did for Rod and/or David Hall. Just so you know where

it came from. I heard it blows your boat off the water because it's so FAST. :D :D :D

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Terry,Mike,& Mark,

I would like to thank you guys for another job well done. You can't believe all the time it takes

to set up and breakdown the course. This is a labor of love for SPEED. Props-4-U had the record

breaking propellers on the 27 Boat,& on my 81.6 MPH Stealth 21 boat. Mike was turning aprox.

32,070 RPM & My Valvola 21 was spinning up rather well in the heat race set up at 34,194 RPM.

Pretty Stout Mike!!!

Mark Sholund

Thanks for the pix Terry. I wished that I was there but worked instead, after the way that the weekend at the shop went wrestling the machine and it kicking my butt made me wish that I was there even more.

Congrats to those who set records at the site!

Hey! For Anyone who was there: How did Bob Morton's 80-90 Rigger Run? Its the Blue and Yellow Roadrunner UL with the narrow tub. I saw it in the picture. I see a big CMB in it. I sold the boat to him last year and am so happy to see it in good hands getting time on the water. So how did it run?!!!!

Larry Gempp Jr.

Larry,

It ran very well,but Bob did not want to get serious with any propellers on that boat.

This was new for him (S.A.W.)and he had a S-30/4 on the boat. I think a good 1667

and he would be doing rather well with his set up. Mike's C-Hydro was really the class

of the weekend, and of course my Stealth 21 running 81.6 MPH in heat race trim without

even trying very hard. My pipe was still long and my heat race propeller only had 3.60"

of cup,but the motor is turning up rather well @ 34,194 RPM. I think we will add a few more

records next year as we are getting rather close with a couple more set ups.

Hope To See You Next Year,

Mark Sholund

Yes mark it did blow i toff when I finally got it to hook up it should be a good SAW prop for it but not oval. My boat is a wood over foam design by Mark Bullard he has made some improvments on his second version. Really works well I like the way the boat runs airs out very well.

Bill,

That is a PROPS-4-U (P-741/4) that I did for Rod and/or David Hall. Just so you know where

it came from. I heard it blows your boat off the water because it's so FAST. :D :D :D

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Terry,Mike,& Mark,

I would like to thank you guys for another job well done. You can't believe all the time it takes

to set up and breakdown the course. This is a labor of love for SPEED. Props-4-U had the record

breaking propellers on the 27 Boat,& on my 81.6 MPH Stealth 21 boat. Mike was turning aprox.

32,070 RPM & My Valvola 21 was spinning up rather well in the heat race set up at 34,194 RPM.

Pretty Stout Mike!!!

Mark Sholund

Bill,

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Terry,Mike,& Mark,

Pretty Stout Mike!!!

Mark Sholund

I was wondering if you did that record breaking prop, now I know! :)

Thank-you also for your help Mark, it's very much appreciated. Man that little "Stealth" rocks!!! :)

Bill,

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Terry,Mike,& Mark,

Pretty Stout Mike!!!

Mark Sholund
Mark, Glad to hear the numbers on that Valvola 21, 34,000 + r's is cookin' in a heat race setup. Looks like my custom engine work, has paid big for you!!!!!!!! Remember that is a level 1 mod , and more "enhancement" is available. Also on Ian's website, he is showing a new geared 21 Valvola, that has a new improved drum housing, which the carb is mounted alot closer to the drum valve, shortening the intake tract greatly. This new drum assembly could make that engine I just worked for you obsolete! Good Boating, Jeff Lutz

Jeff,

Level one is awesome,82 MPH in a heat race set up is great for a 21 Hydro,now I can put

that monster in the S.A.W. boat and see what it can do. Anyone looking for the best

engine work in the country should look up Jeff Lutz,he can make HP like nobody else can.

Thanks For All You Do Jeff,

Mark Sholund

Nice pics, looks like fun to me. Hope you guys don`t mind being invaded by a few F.E.ers next year. It looks to me like it time to melt some shrink wrap in Flint Michigan! Might even burn up a couple speed controllers for you guys, it a wonderfull smell. :(

Tim

Nice pics, looks like fun to me. Hope you guys don`t mind being invaded by a few F.E.ers next year. It looks to me like it time to melt some shrink wrap in Flint Michigan! Might even burn up a couple speed controllers for you guys, it a wonderfull smell. :(

Tim
Terry, thanks for the great pics. Richard D

Tim

Would be great to meet you Tim, I'm sure you'll like our event. Haven't smelt burnt electronics since my buddy Jay Boyd's been around, kinda miss it. :lol:

Back