Flint, MI - Record Trial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Less than 2 weeks away now Sept 30th & Oct 1st, 8am till dark (about 8pm this time of year). All IMPBA legal classes for 1/3rd oval and 1/16th SAW, $15 to register and $1 per run.

We stay at the M6, less than $40 per night:

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_d...&city=Flint

Here's directions to Thread Lake and a nice aerial shot:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...amp;ambiguity=1

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/ima...ALat=43.0092197

Here's some shots of past events:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=213

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=309

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=551

With about 2000' x 1000' I believe it's the biggest record trial water in IMPBA. See ya'll there!

Last edited by a moderator:
When coming in off N. Saginaw you have to turn right onto Bevidere and go to the cross street or to the end and turn left. The road if you go to the end will curve to the left following around the lake. Then you have to drive through a parking lot at a church(?) to get to the site.

If I get the day off, I might have to make the drive over.

Do you like having electric boats at this event? I am looking for a place in the IMPBA to run my boats for records next year. It sounds like this is the biggest lake in the IMPBA for straightlines.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

Bring whatever you got to go fast with. It is excellent water when it is calm.

We are going to have some fast boats tearing up the water in a few weeks.

I hope the weather is not 80 degrees like it was last year.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Do you like having electric boats at this event? I am looking for a place in the IMPBA to run my boats for records next year. It sounds like this is the biggest lake in the IMPBA for straightlines.

Thanks,

Tim

We sure do! We've had some of the fastest in IMPBA at our trials including Ed Hughey, George Dalecki and Jason Boyd to name a few. All IMPBA classes including Gas, Nitro and Electric are welcome. Where are you from Tim?

Wow great, thanks. Terry I am from Anchorage, Alaska, and Dennis I will be talking to you. I am getting ready for the NAMBA SAWs in L.A. right now, but when thats over I will be thinking about my next adventure.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey Terry,

In case you didn't know ( he's very shy :lol: ) Tim Higdon holds the NAMBA Electric SAW records in Q & S hydro with times of 111 mph (Q) and 114mph (S) . Also I think he has made passes over 118 in T hydro. Tim is a great guy, you would have to look long & hard to find any better builder,competitor or all around good guy.

Proud to say I know him. :)

Don

Thanks for the kudos Don. But, man you made my face turn red. See ya in a few months.

Guys I would really like to come set some records in the IMPBA, I willl be keeping my eyes on this event and asking some questions related to the sight, weather, etc. One thing, how deep is the lake, I`ve been know to sink a boat or two. I`m almost always good for a few spectacular crashes for those of you who like carnage.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks for the kudos Don. But, man you made my face turn red. See ya in a few months.

Guys I would really like to come set some records in the IMPBA, I willl be keeping my eyes on this event and asking some questions related to the sight, weather, etc. One thing, how deep is the lake, I`ve been know to sink a boat or two. I`m almost always good for a few spectacular crashes for those of you who like carnage.

Thanks,

Tim
Would love to have you come Tim! :) The lake is a very shallow flood control reservoir, 3-4 feet deep in most places and no more than about 6-8' at it's deepest. The water is pretty murky though...

We've had a few sink boats and found them again poking around with an oar. :)

I'm not positive, but I don't think we've had any electric boater make a 100 mph pass in IMPBA, Thread Lake would sure be the place to do it. :)

Terry it all sounds good. It sounds like a trip to Flint is in my future. Its only 200' shorter than Legg Lake and I can deal with that. I look forward to further contact with you guys related to next years event.

Nobody yet has ran fast than 87 mph to my knowledge, it could happen in Valdosta in March though. Time will tell!

Thanks again gents,

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEKEND, :D

Tim

Terry,

Bob & Co. are coming with quite a fleet of boats. :D

See You Next Week,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Terry

I live about 60 miles south west of Chicago. I know Gary and I will give him a call to find out the best way.

Thanks

Terry

Coming in from where I live which they will go through when heading to Flint, I came I-94 to I-69 north around Lansing to the airport exit (Bishop Road?) in Flint and took that to S. Saginaw. There might be an easier route but that one got me there.

An alternate way would be to hit US-23 on the east side of Jackson but I like the lighter traffic on I-69.

If you're coming in I-94 and see the construction zone here in Kalamazoo, obey the posted speed limits! They have cops out there constantly busting people for speeding between exits 76 and 78. Other than that usually you can really cruise the rest of the way.

Tim, Terry has some good pictures of Flint Site. Check the gallery link on his postings. Hope to see you there sometime.

Mark

Tim, Terry has some good pictures of Flint Site. Check the gallery link on his postings. Hope to see you there sometime.

Mark
Thanks Mark, and you will!!!! I looked at some posted pics but didn`t see any that showed the lake in full length. Its right at 2000 feet. Good enough for now. Its only a few short days now, so what can we expect for speeds?

Tim

Latest posts

Back