Flex Shaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble I have is trying to get the flex shaft out of the collet to grease the flex shaft after running. The only easy way I have found is starting the motor up with the collet loosened . Would be interested if there is an easier way!

The trouble I have is trying to get the flex shaft out of the collet to grease the flex shaft after running. The only easy way I have found is starting the motor up with the collet loosened . Would be interested if there is an easier way!
The brass insert used on the smaller engine collet's always do that to me...

But what I have found is to take the nut all the way off the collet and use a small screw driver to separate the fingers, while they are stuck in the collet....

Does that make sence??? Hard to describe

Yes....................... I have done this before.

But what I have found is to take the nut all the way off the collet and use a small screw driver to separate the fingers, while they are stuck in the collet....

Yes....................... I have done this before.

I do this also, works very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver solder/trim/taper in that order---or just a little silver solder and taper it a bit if its already to length- if its a used shaft youll have to burn the grease out and chemically clean before soldering----use an acid flux (stay-brite flux is acid) is the best But you have to mix up a solution of baking soda and water and rinse/soak the end, preferably the whole shaft in the mix (acid will wick up the shaft) that will neutralize the acid --once thats done I dry and spray them down with carb or brake parts cleaner blow out and grease---

Octura flex-hex is the ticket. No more brass insert that just gets distorted, or decides to loose your shaft.

Back