flex shaft maintenance 25cc

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capn Crunch

Greetings.

I am new to the forum and new to gas boats. I have run across alot of mixed opinions as to how often a flex shaft needs to be removed and re-lubed. Some say it is important to do so before each run while some say that it needs to be done every 20-30 hours of operation. I am only running as a hobby right now, does that make a difference? Does the flex shaft need to be cleaned before relubrication? How does one remove the old grease without adversely affecting the new grease?

Thank you,

-Capn Crunch 8)

well depends on what your using to lube it. If your using an oil would grease it every run. if you are using a grease like the prather grease about every 3-4 runs would be good (a run being each time you send the boat out on the water not 3 trips to the pond with 5 runs each time). also remove the shaft at the end of every day. don't leave it in the stuffing box or it could rust. I just wipe mine good with a peper towel. at the end of the day spraying a little wd-40 on it would be a good thing to do to it.

GREASE IT UP, and KEEP IT GREASED, Them shafts Love there grease and oil, God only knows where it goes, and why it dont stay in the stuffing tube.

I have tried alot of different grease, and can not keep it there for more than 3 runs (tankfulls) and when your done at the pond, Take that shaft out and wipe down and spray with oil, I Use a oil can and squirt the shaft and then in the stuffing tube, then before i go out i grease it up, and install. there is alot of moisture in the tube, i leave the shaft out to dry it out.

Latest posts

Back