Flex Shaft Length...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Took my tunnel out today and when i threw it in the first time it just revved and i thought i broke a brand new shaft straight away...when i took the motor off i found it wasnt broken, but it had fallen down into the stub shaft.

After pulling it back up again and re-0assembling the motor, the boat ran perfect (best yet) for a tank and a bit then i crashed it and it happened again :(

so it brings me to my question, what is the average length of a K&B cable? are the hyperformance, lawless, OS and K&B shafts all different lenghts, or are some interchangable?

Thanks

Kris

Kris,

In one of my other responses to a post ABOUT ENGINES RUNNING BACKWARDS, I mentioned having some flex cables w/two ball bearings brand new in a package. What K&B would do is cut the flex cables too short, like yours is. In order to compensate they would put a BB in the propshaft assembly, or two and than reinsert the flex cable so it would spin properly. That's all you'll need to do. Somepeople when they take the head off to grease the flex cable would put a BB up there on top.

Hookie, but it works!

Thats a good idea rcboats! Kris I have about 10 k&b flex shafts and I dont think any of them are the same length ??? I do know that the os cable is about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch longer than k&b shaft.

~ T/F

Thanks for the info Rod...maybe it i one of those dodgy ones, but it is only a cople of mm too short I'd say.

could someone tell me what the average length of their flex shafts are?

Thanks

Kris

Back