Flex hexes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Good Day,

I am looking for a 1/4 to 10mm flex hex. This is for a large electric motor. The flex hexes for this motor are made by or for the motor mfg'er but they are in Germany and difficult to get.

I was wondering if there are any stock flex hexes that are either this size or any that could be machined open to accomodate the 10mm shaft. (.393 dia)

Thanks for any response.

If you mean something like T H I S , you can order there ... and if they do not send to the USA ,

I can order one and send it to you , but you must have a PayPal account.

Good Day,I am looking for a 1/4 to 10mm flex hex. This is for a large electric motor. The flex hexes for this motor are made by or for the motor mfg'er but they are in Germany and difficult to get.

I was wondering if there are any stock flex hexes that are either this size or any that could be machined open to accomodate the 10mm shaft. (.393 dia)

Thanks for any response.
You have two choices in the USA, you can easily order direct from H&M, I have many times or you can call Chris Fine in NY, he imports them and should have them in stock or at least with the next motor order.

Thanks guys....yes that is the coupler I have been using. It's just that since there are so many sizes already available for nitro/gas engines...I thought there might be one close to size to either use right away or machine to size. Ya know we Americans are rather spoiled when it comes to getting things fast!

Most or all nitro/gas flex-hexes are to short on the engine side ,

to put more than one setscrew in it.

The biggest suitable for 1/4" flexshaft is the Mathe/CMB M8 ,

that can be drilled and reamed to 10mm.

With the enormous power of the modern electrics one setscrew is not enough.

Back