First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralph & I plan to race NITRO Twins with you guys in Jan 2015. Tom says Bring da Pain?????? & We are Working on the PAIN Right Now.........Careful what you ask for Mr Foley..... see you guys at the lake side. Mr Otto better stir up some More Fuel those Big Blocks like the Nitro.....
default_blink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this will be my first trip to Brandon, what is the favorite hotel there? Are there options? Is there a pond address so I can check out the surrounding area, ie
restaurants? Looks like about a 10 hour drive from here, no big deal to spend the weekend with nitro guys. I won't miss this even if I have to walk to Florida !!!!!!!! Thanks, Mark

We haven't had our orginizational meeting yet, but Jeremy set the bar HIGH for an all nitro race last year in August. Some of his ideas will most likely be used since they were so popular. Some of the things I have heard talked about are really cool ideas and I am positive that everyone will have a great time at this race.

Guys, this will be my first trip to Brandon, what is the favorite hotel there? Are there options? Is there a pond address so I can check out the surrounding area, ie

restaurants? Looks like about a 10 hour drive from here, no big deal to spend the weekend with nitro guys. I won't miss this even if I have to walk to Florida !!!!!!!! Thanks, Mark
Mark, here is some info to get you started

located at 2821 Gallagher Road. Dover, Fl inside Dover District Park.

There are PLENTY of hotel/motels in the area. Most will stay in the area of Falkenburg and Adamo road. (Adamo also known as HWY60)

Here is the Brandon Clubs info from RC Racing events

Brandon Model Boaters

Address:

627 Gornto Lake Rd

Brandon, Florida. 33510

Mike Culhane

Telephone: 727-804-1683

Email: [email protected]

http://www.brandonmodelboaters.com

I pull the sport40 out of the shelve long as you will be there, Rick is right alot of us stay at LaQuinta Inn at 60 and Falkenburg nice, Mark there aqre all kinds of places to eat up and down 60, the lake is at Martin Luther King and Gallager Road

FINALLY, we have the approval from the County for the 1/24 & 25Nitro Only Race to be held at the Brandon Pond and jointly hosted bythe Brandon Model Boaters and the Tampa Bay Model Boat Assn.The race will be 1/24 & 25 2015 at 2821 Gallagher Rd, Dover, FL33527.Here is a link to a list of some of the hotels in the area with the ratingand the cost. (Cut and past this link into your browser to see the options)http://www.hotels.com/search/search.html?resolved-location=GEO_LOCATION:2821%20Gallagher%20Road,%20Dover,%20FL%2033527,%20USA|27.986515045166016|-82.236083984375:GEOCODE:UNKNOWN&q-destination=2821%20Gallagher%20Road,%20Dover,%20FL%2033527,%20USA&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0&sort-order=DISTANCE_FROM_LANDMARKWe will have a meeting of the Brandon and Tampa Clubs to put the finishingtouches on the race Monday 11/24/2015 at a place and time TBD.The race entry flyer will be posted on RCRacingEvents.com Tomorrow evening or Thursday Morning.We will have all the nitro classes on the entry and see which classeseveryone wants to run by the number of entries we get.Some of the early ideas people have been proposing, for the race, will be similar to the race that Jeremy Edge had last year. I believe that this race will be one of the best that you have ever attended. In talking to several of the people who are active in both clubs, some of the ideas for EXTRAS will be really positive and fun.Get entered early so that we can do our planning.Marty Davis & Mike Culhane (Club Presidents)
I sent out an email to all the people on our email list who have expressed interested in Nitro Racing. If you are not on the nitro email list and want to be, please send an email to: [email protected] with the word Nitro List in the Subject Line and I will put you on this list. Also, I will send out additional emails as we develop the format, etc for this important race.

This is a race I am looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!! Friends, Good Times and some Great Racing!!!!!

I am looking forward to this race as well,i think this is a great thing for nitro racing,i have nothing against gas but with so many gas boats at a race it makes for a lot of sitting around during a race weekend.

Hopefully, Mike Culhane and I will have the rcracingevents.com entry up and ready to go later this evening.

OK you sport40s sign them up, what kind of format Marty this way everyone running this kind of race can user the same one

RCRacingEvents.com entry form is up and ready for entries.

Be advised that there will be a meeting of the two sponsoring clubs to iron out details of the race format, event title, etc so there may be some minor changes to the entry form after this meeting.

Get entered so we can see the interest and start planning for a spectacular event.

Marty Davis & Mike Culhane

Club Presidents

Latest posts

Back