FireFighter .21 Getting Ready!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

;D Well with a bunch of paint advice and finally having the right equipment (almost), I did my best paint job ever! I still have to clear the tub but I set it up for pictures. The color is called "hot licks hot lime" in Omni PPG paint. It is actually the color used for green fire trucks if you've ever seen one. Only thing wrong, A couple specs of dust landed on it while drying. I guess that's what i get for painting in my garage. Overall i'm real happy with it. I'm just going to leave the dust specks cause the chance i have redoing them and it turning out better is pretty slim I figure.

I hope to have it completed this month so i'll post more when i have more progress!

Pic4

I might sell the #2 proto type cause I need the money!

It is 95% done with basic building. I just need to install the tub bottom and tub nose.

compared to my dumas hawk. keep in mind my hawk is totally stock in shape except tub with. I also used none of the wood from dumas.

So you can see some simmilarities and definate differences. The FF.21 is smaller looking but the effective size is nearly the same. The tub is lower profile and shorter. The front sponsons are a wood over balsa and foam sandwich, and the rears just WOF.

Tom, That Look really cool 8) you build a very nice boat. I can't wait to see it in the water.

they look great! ;D do you have water-in-the-carb trouble? especially with the mac's forward facing carb?

there is actually a clear plastic cover over the mac carb

lets hope it runs as good as it looks!

Tom,

Looks very neat! 8)

It looks in the pics like you have offset the motor to the left? I have seen riggers where the motor and strut is offset to the right. What is the idea of offsetting it to the left?

Ian.

Latest posts

Back