FF12 Complete and at WOT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one more thing eric, where did you get your hardware? i've emailed rossisales but no reply from them.

ernest2 said:
one more thing eric, where did you get your hardware? i've emailed rossisales but no reply from them.
70413[/snapback]

I got my speedmaster hardware from a local distributor here in Dallas, TX. For "internet purchase" Try http://www.rocketcityracing.com they ship fast and have speedmaster goodies.

You can also go direct to the source and call speedmaster...

Speedmaster

Model Products

Division of Rossi Sales of America

1325 Carol Drive, Memphis, TN 38116

PH(901) 396-7485, FAX(901) 346-8923

Sometimes the old-fashioned way is best...

Today, I tried to launch my FF12 again...again....and...again Still with no success :( . I went through a bunch of props trying to find one that would launch, but results where the same every time. I even had the strut ALL the way up as much as it would gom still no luck...

The carb was quite rich on the shore but it made no difference it just quit in the water like I was dragging an anchor.

Then it hit me, this is the first time that I'm using the speedmaster .21 mini rudder to cool my engine. Can this thing be delivering so much water that it kills the boat on launch, that quick?

Folks the answer is YES. I slipped in a wire-tie on the outlet as it was recommended by Norm and the boat got on plane and was smoking down the pond. My boat was finally working :D

The engine would sag a little when I opened the throttle all the way. I'm still getiing the needle dialed -But I'm happy with the current performance and it will only get better as I try other props and pipes.

I richened the needle up a little more and I could go WOT for a short time before it would start to slow-down.

The plug was holding, but the head temp was quite warm -now I need to figure out what the engine needs -more water or more fuel. Heck it may need some of both.

Either way I know this will be a good weekend for the boat. I will figure out what I need to do to keep it wide open and I'll take it from there.

Here is a picture of the modified S215 that I'm running. This one has a different variation of the std. "backcut" Instead of starting at the tip and moving diagonally close to the hub. I cut straight from the the hub to the tip of the prop.

View attachment 3470

View attachment 3471

Last edited by a moderator:
Back