FF 45 Fe ready for action

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken turmon

I finally finished my build. I was supposed to start testing today but the weather did not cooperate.

Its set up for 6s. If it turns out to be too much weight i will have to try as 4s.

20140713_071507.jpg

Looks good. What motor will you be using? Would love to see an interior shot and see how you laid out the interior.

TP power 4060. FC 300a esc. Very tight fit. Cant see it but there is a support for the back end of the motor in there.1/4 in shaft stepped down to 3/16.

20140713_071559.jpg

is the battery in the back? weight rtr.? is the 4060 comparable to the 4082? nice build. i run 6-s abs rigger over 70 mph. see "rtr abs outrigger "under offshore electric for sale forum. and you tube video "rtr daytona fastback." if your battery is in the back you will probably not get the tail up. building a new rigger with new sponson design. will post pics soon. can you get some video?

Yes the battery is in the back. It balances correctly so hopefully it will be ok.The 4060 is comparable in size to a 4082 but can handle way more power than a leopard or anything comparable so there should be no problem turning an adequate size prop.It was going to use a cc1717 but those motors are soooo heavy. It comes in at 8lbs rtr so i dont think i would want another 200g that the 1717 adds.I will hopefully get some vids in the next couple weeks.

Got her wet today.(unfortunately a bit too wet) I had to cut it short due to water finding its way in. However the brief test I was able to do was very promising. There is more than enough power to get it up on plane and it seems like it will be a real rocket. 6s is def the way to go.

I had the same problem with my 6s converted Eagle SG 45, after checking every possible option i came to the conclusion it must be the coming up the flexi tube, fortunately the esc, RX and servo are in the radio try and stay nice and dry.

There are a few places on this hull it can get it. One of the rubber gromets I used to cover the boom tube slots was leaking.Water also seems to get into the boom tubes themselves.I will go over it thoroughly and put it in the bathtub. my esc did get wet but I removed the shrinkwrap and took a hair dryer to it. A quick test and it seems to be working fine.It just sucks that I have to wait another week at least before I can try it out again.

Just a quick update. Got a couple runs in today. I was not able to get full throttle on my ecs unfortunately due to a programming issue. ( I believe i have it resolved now) so they were not full speed runs. But even at part throttle I can see this is going to be a great running boat. There is no sign of handling issues. I had a bit of bounce which may have been from having my battery too far back. It cornered great though with no hooking. If the weather is good next wknd I just be able to get some good high speed runs and hopefully some vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happened to the rigger? no more runs or videos?
Sorry no I didnt really get any videos. I had some problems with the boat. Actually the parts in the boat.My fightercat esc lived up to their reputation and went up in smoke after only a few runs. I had to replace it so that cost me a couple weeks and then no sooner did I get that in the boat and my TP power motor developed an issue and had to be sent back. I did a couple runs at the end of the season with a large outrunner just for kicks.I was getting closer to having it running good but the season ended before I could get everything sorted out. I will spend the winter making some changes to correct the wet running and hooking and hopefully first thing in the new season it will be making waves. Its my first rigger so A very steep learning curve for sure.

...There is no sign of handling issues....It cornered great though with no hooking......I will spend the winter making some changes to correct the wet running and hooking...
????

/

Turn the steering servo travel and speed down to 50%. Then add 100% expo to soften the steering around center. Just think about turning and the boat will turn on a dime and give you 9 cents change.

Turn the steering servo travel and speed down to 50%. Then add 100% expo to soften the steering around center. Just think about turning and the boat will turn on a dime and give you 9 cents change.
thanks for the hint. At first there did not seem to be any issues with hooking but as i played around with the cg in an attempt to get the boat to not run so wet, the issues started to develop.After I tore down the boat to make some changes I discovered a problem with one of my front sponsons was 1/16 deeper than the other. it was done during the build. I,m not quite sure how it happened as I was trying to be pretty careful of those types of mistakes but somehow it ended up that way. It certainly must have been part of the problem. When I set it up on the board I noticed it but I thought it was caused by the blocks where the boom tubes sit, or the tubes themselves.It took quite a bit of shimming to get the bottoms to ride evenly. I will fix it at the source and that will hopefully make it easier to dial in.

Back