FE gas scale size boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Larocque

Have an Extreme Series 173 gas scale kit at home in a box. I am building one for a friend with a gas motor in it but have been toying with the idea of going FE with my kit. I have an 8255 all built with a K30 in it but would like to explore the FE side of the hobby. Saw some FE 1/8 scales run and was extremely impressed with the way they ran. I know absolutely NOTHING about FE so I am at your mercy. What would I need to get this set up and running. Parts and suppliers would help and any ideas and advice would be truly welcomed.

Thanks

Rick

Rick, Use the following power setup:

Castle 2028 motor

South River RC motor mount

10s lipo, 10000mah or more...Get some Giant Power Lipos from MojoRacingproducts.com, 65c packs

Castle Hydra Ice HV esc, or equivalent

x457 or maybe bigger prop

Go run 60+ mph!

Hi Rick,

First of all, how much do you want to spend?

Just to give you an idea of the basics of what you will need:

A good motor: Neu Castle 2028 (Mike L's suggestion) - $240

An Esc capable of 10S: Castle Ice 200HV -$300

Good lipo packs: Pair of Hyperion 45C 5000's - $130-$140 ea.

A decent lipo charger: Hyperion single charger -$140 Hyperion Duo Charger $300

Before any bashing from other members goes on...I am only giving you a basic idea of what some are running competetively...

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you boys. Now I can do some research into this. A good full race gas motor with mounts and pipe and such would run me approx $800 to $1000 so the cash outlay would not be much different. Getting the parts to Canada might be a bit of an issue though. Been toying with this idea for awhile now.

Rick

Hi Rick,

First of all, how much do you want to spend?

Just to give you an idea of the basics of what you will need:

A good motor: Neu 1527-1530 - $250-$300

An Esc capable of 10S: Castle Ice 200HV -$300

Good lipo packs: Pair of Hyperion 45C 5000's $130-$140 ea.

A decent lipo charger: Hyperion single charger -$140 Hyperion Duo Charger $300

Before any bashing from other members goes on...I am only giving you a basic idea of what some are running competetively...

-Kent
Kent,

This is a GAS scale hull, not 1/8th scale. A 1527-1530 is to small for a 55" hull that is going to probably weight around 20lbs rtr. I am sure you just mis read the listing. Hope all is well, Mike

Yes, you're right Mike...was thinking 1/8 scale...(edited now) - Thanks for the correction Sir!

Go with Mike's suggestion on motor (CC 2028)...no worries there!

Rick, at least you have a decent idea on pricing...

I have a neu 2220 2y to put in a 1/6 scale thunder boat when I finish doing the plugs and molds

Me too, I just got an extreme gas kit from Mike. My plan is to put a 2028 motor, a Castle Creation ICE2 200HV ESC, probably will be using 10S 5300Mah battery, to push X457 or 6716 modified prop. All fittings are with me now and will soon be starting to build.

Thanks for the info, Kent, I've already got 5 of these ICE 2 200HV ESCs amongst others from Off Shore Electric, still thinking of getting more for my stable.

Having said that in the last post, I am actually finishing 2 1/8 FE Scale boats for FE and a classic Sea Queen cabin cruiser, as soon as these are test on the water then the Gas kit build will began.

What's the feeling on the hifei Swordfish 300 pro esc's I heard that the Castle were done because of too many warranties is a 200-250 esc strong enough for a 1/8 scale? I was planing on getting the 300 pro for my 1/8 scale soon. I like the data logging & it's water proof

Latest posts

Back