Gas Scale Motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
What size motors are you guys running in Gas Scale (1/667)? This would be for IMPBA. I think they allow for up to 31cc, although I don’t know of any motors offered with that volume. Is 29.5 mod what most people run? Just curious. I have a back burner project to get to at some point that would race in that class.

Yeah Don's motor is basically the 29.5 motor with the 1.6mm stroker crank in it. That puts it at eh 30plus range. Good motor. Run those in my twin.
Mike

Yeah Don's motor is basically the 29.5 motor with the 1.6mm stroker crank in it. That puts it at eh 30plus range. Good motor. Run those in my twin.
Mike
What I don’t understand is that Gizmo bills this as a 36cc Motor. If the Gas Scale rules say 31cc, how can I use it in that class? Oh wait, now I think I get it. I read it again. It’s a 36 MM cylinder not 36 CC. So you’re saying it’s around 30.5 CC?

The engine we set the NAMBA 2 lap record with was built by Brian Buaas. It had a 36 mm bore cylinder with a 30 mm stroke and a 55 mm rod. It needed a spacer under the cylinder for the long rod. I believe we used a CC racing Beast pipe that's no longer available.

Lohring Miller

I have to agree I run a 29.5 in my gas scale and it is plenty fast. Sometimes it is too fast and find myself slowing down to in the turns. I also run a Dragon Scale hydro which is full carbon fiber boat and is light for its size it only weights 15 lbs without fuel.
Jerrty

I talked with Winton after I bought a motor here on IW... he ID's all of his motors and when I gave him the number off of it, he knew when it was sold, who bought it and all the details about the mods done to the motor.

He does very nice work and knows his stuff !

I talked with Winton after I bought a motor here on IW... he ID's all of his motors and when I gave him the number off of it, he knew when it was sold, who bought it and all the details about the mods done to the motor.

Very impressive service it sounds like. It’s getting pretty rare in this day and age!

Back