FE 1/8th Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne. If I could make a suggestion on your Thunderboat reproductions T-4. Make sure you reinforce the seems. They split very easy.
Gday GuysSamuel yes I did that before I sold it to Wayne as they are a very light layup so now she is good to run over anything LOL.

Look out Doug
I was just making sure. My Dad had a T-3 and the right front sponson hit a bouy and it did a weird roll. The right side seam split open. I was told years ago that the seams on the Thunderboat hulls are weak.

Hi Don,

Do you have any pics or a build log for your 2006 Elam at all. Would like to see hoew everything is placed inside the hull and how the hatch is taped or screwed down to prevent water entering.

Thanks

Trev

Hi Don,

Do you have any pics or a build log for your 2006 Elam at all. Would like to see hoew everything is placed inside the hull and how the hatch is taped or screwed down to prevent water entering.

Thanks

Trev
Hi Trevor,

Everything sits in an interior "radio box" that has it's own taped on cowl. Packs up front, ESC over top of the Neu 1500 series motor, steering servo, RX battery pack and RX behind that. :)

Don,

Thanks for the pics, appreciate it. So what set up are you running on this boat? 8s, 10s,?1p or 2p? 1527 or 1530? prop size? Have you done any alterations to the bottom of the hull or sponsons or is it as it is from Mikes kit.?

Thanks for your help.

Trev

Don,

Thanks for the pics, appreciate it. So what set up are you running on this boat? 8s, 10s,?1p or 2p? 1527 or 1530? prop size? Have you done any alterations to the bottom of the hull or sponsons or is it as it is from Mikes kit.?

Thanks for your help.

Trev
Currently 9S1P 6200mah with a 1530. I already had the 1530 as I bought two of them and the other is in my T rigger. I will most likely change to 10S1P on a 1527 1.5Y this winter for the Elam spinning a detongued X450/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you enlighten me on your encounters with them brad , they are very light for 1 reason of troubles.
Gday Wayne

Mate I don’t know if my one was pulled out off the mould green or what but the ride surfaces had concaves in them so it would cause the boat to suck down when running to fix this problem I had to fill the hollows and block sand then true you should had seen it when I put a rule along the ride face some were 2mm deap.

Also the Heal where the turn fin bolts to isn’t square to the inside/ tunnel so a special turn fin angle mount had to be machined .

The layup was quite neat BUT where the deck is joined to the tub no mat was used just glued so I also had to epoxy matting over the seems to inshore in a blow over the deck wouldn’t lift.

They look good from far but far from good .

The one I had Is good now but if you were a new builder wouldnt really know.

My Bet is to build a wood one but if like me not keen on wood the get one from Phil T, Doug S, Or Bert D, or Rc Boat co.

These guys build quality gear for guys like me who arnt wood workers.

Just my thoughts some might like them.Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks brad it seem you copped a dud, the one I have is dead straight it's real good, now I will put my bore scope camera in to check the seams now that you highlight a bad point. But I'm going to do a major job with it anyway multiply.

Cheers

You should also consider the Velasco hulls. They are very open inside and easy to set up in many different configurations.

Hy Guys

Yes I have One of Henry's boat here as well. they are awsome boats perfect layup with no flaws.Brad

Back