Favorite 80's-90's song/video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the excellent write-up, David! I've loved VanHalen since I was a teenager in the 80s. Never saw them. Of course, I'm not really certain that they ever toured close to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, either. I can't remember. No way I could convince the parents to let me go to New Orleans by myself...Mobile, no worries.

I really need to just cash in something and go to one of their shows. I would love to go to their (your!) old stomping-grounds there in CA. That had to be an awesome environment.

Thanks again...

-Joey

Happy Halloween.
default_ohmy.png

Gee guys, what ever happened to this thread? Not one post in 2.5 years. Did we run out of good "building music"?

I found a video that includes a very underrated guitar player. I"m sure most of you will figure out why I say that as soon as he starts playing

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one of the guitarists from Wilco, the one on the left side of the stage or the one to the far right?

If Annie Clark is the singer, I've definitely heard better. Country players Brad Paisley, Steve Wariner and Keith Urban are all much better, not to mention they can actually sing. I could add the late Glen Campbell and Roy Clark to that list as well.

Here's Glen making his guitar sing during the break of Gentle On My Mind:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the excellent write-up, David! I've loved VanHalen since I was a teenager in the 80s. Never saw them. Of course, I'm not really certain that they ever toured close to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, either. I can't remember. No way I could convince the parents to let me go to New Orleans by myself...Mobile, no worries.

I really need to just cash in something and go to one of their shows. I would love to go to their (your!) old stomping-grounds there in CA. That had to be an awesome environment.

Thanks again...

-Joey
I was fortunate to catch Van Halen in '88. I know some people like to bash the Van-Hagar lineup, but honestly Sammy is a much better singer than Dave and the band was on the top of their game in the late 80's and early 90's.

I also got to see Steve Morse in concert, don't recall the year ~90 maybe. He doesn't get the recognition of Joe Satriani or Steve Vai, but Morse can play every bit as impressively in terms of speed and precision.

B52- "Rock Lobster" Pixies-"Where is my Mind" Nirvana "In Bloom" Alice in Chains-"Nutshell" Smashing Pumpkins-"Ava Adore" Motor Head -"Ace of Spades!!" and my getting ready on the clock and racing song.... KORN-"IT'S ON!!!"
default_smile.png

Back