Fall Nationals Race Information & Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got thru using the mozilla firefox browser....finally.......boys welcome me to the dance....lol

Guys,

Entries are coming in albeit slow. Follow the instructions previously given and it seems to be working. DO NOT continually hit the refresh button. It makes the problem worse.

John, Maybe you could reset the entry date to tomorrow at 6pm. That would stop the bombing and give Bill time to fix this issue. Just a thought.
That just means it gets bombed on Sunday night and blows up again. I have sat here after doing as John asked and watched the little "connecting" icon spin in a circle for 15 frikkin' minutes and not get in on top of being in front of this **** computer for over 2 hours to enter this race instead of getting work done. John if this is going to continue to be a problem then you may have to go back to the old fashioned way with mail in entries. While you might not like it that way it's absurd for people to be stuck sitting for hours in front of their computers just to enter a race. :angry:
Just pretend your on Flea Bay making the last bid. :D Patience Weed hopper...............==={}

John, Maybe you could reset the entry date to tomorrow at 6pm. That would stop the bombing and give Bill time to fix this issue. Just a thought.
That just means it gets bombed on Sunday night and blows up again. I have sat here after doing as John asked and watched the little "connecting" icon spin in a circle for 15 frikkin' minutes and not get in on top of being in front of this **** computer for over 2 hours to enter this race instead of getting work done. John if this is going to continue to be a problem then you may have to go back to the old fashioned way with mail in entries. While you might not like it that way it's absurd for people to be stuck sitting for hours in front of their computers just to enter a race. :angry:
Just pretend your on Flea Bay making the last bid. :D Patience Weed hopper...............==={}
Never did get in from here, got some help from a good friend was able to connect so I'm entered. :)

Enough is enough for me. Been trying to enter this race since 6:00 pm. Will try again after midnight or maybe tomorrow.

OK Here's the deal. A hundred or so people trying to get in at the same time hitting refresh every few seconds when you don't get in right away adds up. When you hit refresh, on the server your original request is stil running. So now there are two. and on and on. multiply that by all of you trying to get in at once and you can see the problem.

I could fix this easy as pie just by going out and buying two IBM BladeCenter HX5 7873's from here. Put those with a nice fat commercial broadband connection. We would never have this problem again, It would be lightning fast. But then everyone would all cry foul when I start charging them a per boat entry. I don't want to do that and I know that you don't want me to either. I already pay $$$$ every month for broadband and electricity cause the server is sitting here at my house rather than in some two bit providers cage where I have no control over the hardware, access, etc. I eat that cost. That is why this is free for everyone.

So, everybody calm down and take a deep breath. This does not happen every day. We are talking a once or twice a year deal here.

Also, FYI. I had literally JUST gotten back home from the hospital last night after getting my 85% blocked stent cleaned out. I was literally just a few days away from another big fat juicy heart attack. I am supposed to be in bed taking it easy.

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bill for putting up with us,hope you get to rest alot today. Dick Loeb
Bill, Most of us are NOT computer people thanks for the information, and for all the work you do on this site. Now John can settle down and wait for all entries, thanks also to John. Walt Barney

Thanks Bill for putting up with us,hope you get to rest alot today. Dick Loeb
Bill Thank you for the information and the problem we made for you, most of us are not computer "people" and do not understand these things, again thank you.. also a thanks to John for keeping us up to date on the challenge Bill was working on, THANKS to both of you Walt Barney

OK Here's the deal. A hundred or so people trying to get in at the same time hitting refresh every few seconds when you don't get in right away adds up. When you hit refresh, on the server your original request is stil running. So now there are two. and on and on. multiply that by all of you trying to get in at once and you can see the problem.

I could fix this easy as pie just by going out and buying two IBM BladeCenter HX5 7873's from here. Put those with a nice fat commercial broadband connection. We would never have this problem again, It would be lightning fast. But then everyone would all cry foul when I start charging them a per boat entry. I don't want to do that and I know the you don't want me to either. I already pay $$$$ every month for broadband and electricity cause the server is sitting here at my house rather than in some two bit providers cage where I have no control over the hardware, access, etc. I eat that cost. That is why this is free for everyone.

So, everybody calm down and take a deep breath. This does not happen every day. We are talking a once or twice a year deal here.

Also, FYI. I had literally JUST gotten back home from the hospital last night after getting my 85% blocked stent cleaned out. I was literally just a few days away from another big fat juicy heart attack. I am supposed to be in bed taking it easy.

/B
Bill, we all appreciate everything you do and I'd bet there would be little to no complaints from boaters if there was say $1-$2 per boat additional fee on every race to help defray the costs of upgrades etc. Sometimes conveniences cost money and your time and effort is worth something too. Geez man, after over 2 1/2 hours in front of this **** PC last night trying to enter I'd have paid an extra $20! :lol: :lol: :D :p ;)

I could fix this easy as pie just by going out and buying two IBM BladeCenter HX5 7873's from here. Put those with a nice fat commercial broadband connection. We would never have this problem again, It would be lightning fast. But then everyone would all cry foul when I start charging them a per boat entry. I don't want to do that and I know the you don't want me to either. I already pay $$$$ every month for broadband and electricity cause the server is sitting here at my house rather than in some two bit providers cage where I have no control over the hardware, access, etc. I eat that cost. That is why this is free for everyone.

/B
Bill, we all appreciate everything you do and I'd bet there would be little to no complaints from boaters if there was say $1-$2 per boat additional fee on every race to help defray the costs of upgrades etc. Sometimes conveniences cost money and your time and effort is worth something too. Geez man, after over 2 1/2 hours in front of this **** PC last night trying to enter I'd have paid an extra $20! :lol: :lol: :D :p ;)
18 hours and 90 racers with 300+ boats entered. You could see it coming, Thanks Bill for all you do. B)

......Geez man, after over 2 1/2 hours in front of this **** PC last night trying to enter I'd have paid an extra $20! :lol: :lol: :D :p ;)
Dang, I could have held out for four "Fat Tires" or "Yuenglings" instead of one!!!!..... :D

Guys & Gals,

Even with the challenges of bombing the website to enter and the delays that occurred last evening, we hit the sold out mark of 250 boats in less than 4 hours. Used the remaining time since then to restructure the classes and their heats. As of now there 92 racers entered with 320 boats. The numbers so far hit my planning marks dead on for the heats and the classes. There are a few openings in some classes that remain and I will keep the site open to fill them for a bit. This race set a record for sure.

The CMB officers made the decision to reduce many classes to 6 boat heats as we did last year. This results in fewer entries for the race and we recognize it. If you cannot get in send me an e mail ONLY at [email protected] to get on the wait list for the closed classes. One positive side is that the reduced heats will improve the quality of racing and potential carnage. Having to constantly dodge dead boats in large heats with the fastest classes does not provide high quality racing. And it makes it easier for the CD's and the turn judges in calling the race.

I and the CMB club appreciates the patience from all in entering. I cannot control the site or the hardware used for the entering process. That is the only variable that I cannot control. Frustrating - you bet but in the end most everything went well. I was up to 2 am this morning helping racers to get in.

Thanks to all!

John

Bring your Best engines......They Will Be REQUIRED.... :huh: :huh:

Where are the 4 other twins, come on guys 4 nitro open call Nubs,,,Buckshot???

Back