Fall Nationals Race Information & Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The 2013 Fall Nationals hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, scheduled for Oct 11-13, is now open for entries. Paypal or credit card payment will be mandatory to register for the race. Racers will be limited to no more than 6 classes for the race as we did for the 2012 fall nationals race.

A number of classes will be reduced to 6 boats heats each to enhance the quality of the racing. The E, F, Single F Hydro, F Mono and both twin classes will be 6 boat heats. So will the gas rigger, sport hydro, mono, cat, thunderboat and scale classes. Essentially all of the cited classes, with the exception of the F Mono class, ran in 6 boat heats in the 2012 race. So there is no real change from 2012. I expect the class sizes will closely remain the same as 2012. We ran 350 boats in the race with 208 heats for 2012. More adjustments may be made as well by registration and/or race time.

Last years race sold out in 6 hours and with the advance interest already shown it likely will sell out even faster. Controlled open water on Thursday, Oct 10th. Uncontrolled open water Wednesday, Oct 9th.

Wait list for classes that sell out will be done by e mail ONLY. Absolutely no PM's wil be accepted. E mail is [email protected] The sooner you send the e mail to get on the wait list for desired classes the better your chance in getting into the race.

One last thing - there have been some racers that have entered the race and not show up. No communication with me at all. That causes a replacement racer from not getting in or results in a lot of scrambling at race time. Please enter if you KNOW you will attend and not just hope to. Put yourself on the wait list if that is the case and I will work with you to get you in if possible.

CMB Motel Information 2013.doc

Attachments

• CMB Motel Information 2013.doc
    33 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
John,

I will be entering the following categories :

Twin hydro

Sport gas hydro

Gas mono

Jose "Piston1" Ortiz

John,

I will be entering the following categories :

Twin hydro

Sport gas hydro

Gas mono

Jose "Piston1" Ortiz
Good to see that you have the race on your schedule again. Really expecting some incredible nitro racing, especially the F Hydro and twin classes, and looks to be even better we had in 2012. The gas hydro classes will be stellar as well.

Post #1 above has been modified with some new information. Please refer to it BEFORE you enter the race. And please remember there is a 6 class limit when entering the race.

john, I heard talk of no gas tunnel class. we only get two east coast venues and this race is one of them. what is the deal. thanks. James
The past 2 fall nats entries for every class was reviewed. The gas tunnel class had only 3 boats running in the past 2 races. There is a 5 boat minimum for all classes. Sorry but it was cut for this race. We have 24 other classes being offered. Open tunnel is still available for all tunnel entries regardless of power plant.

john, I heard talk of no gas tunnel class. we only get two east coast venues and this race is one of them. what is the deal. thanks. James
The past 2 fall nats entries for every class was reviewed. The gas tunnel class had only 3 boats running in the past 2 races. There is a 5 boat minimum for all classes. Sorry but it was cut for this race. We have 24 other classes being offered. Open tunnel is still available for all tunnel entries regardless of power plant.
John,

If we get you a guaranteed 5 or 6 boats, will the club reconsider? I know Mitch, Tony, James, Stan, myself, and another entry would be possible as well. We are looking forward to the race. Thanks.

I hope in the future the Charleston club would consider replacing some of the classes with little participation with a few FE classes at one of their national events. Come on guys.... Throw the FE guys a bone!! We've got strong FE programs in the southeast. No response needed. Just something to think about in the future.

I hope in the future the Charleston club would consider replacing some of the classes with little participation with a few FE classes at one of their national events. Come on guys.... Throw the FE guys a bone!! We've got strong FE programs in the southeast. No response needed. Just something to think about in the future.
Mike,

We have a lot of FE classes offered at the the tunnel championships and a TON of FE classes offered at our Grand Prix race in September. I have yet to see you attend any CMB race. Give them a shot. There are struggles in some FE tunnel classes just to make enough to run the class. They could use more support.

Every class in the fall nats runs with at least 1 FULL heat except for the gas tunnel. Check the entry numbers on rcracingevents, race results and the CMB races. You will see the numbers in each class. There is NO room for expansion of any additional classes for the fall nats and complete the race in 2.7 days. The CMB club decided several years ago that we will not go to a 4 day race. It is just among the challenges of hosting the hottest race in model boating.

John,

If we get you a guaranteed 5 or 6 boats, will the club reconsider? I know Mitch, Tony, James, Stan, myself, and another entry would be possible as well. We are looking forward to the race. Thanks.

Ron,

The race structure was made with the history of the past 3 fall nats races and their classes. There are ebbs and flows that happen every year and from year to year. There are 3 items to consider at the moment:

1. We all know how guarantees go. They do not mean that the entries will come, the racers will show up, or the boats actually run in the race. A lot of drop outs and no shows have been happening and this class is among the worst for it. Go to rcracingevents and look at the race results for the CMB races. Take a close look at the gas tunnel attendance for the past 2 fall nats and this years tunnel champs early last month. What are the numbers telling you? Then ask yourself about the remaining fall nats classes that have much more interest for them weighed against the gas tunnel class that a few want retained? The direction is most obvious.

2. As I discussed with you the other day on the phone, we have a ceiling limit of about 50 heats to run each round. The number of slots for each class was determined by past history and the wait lists used for the past 4 years. We cannot look at no more than 3 heats per round for any class and that cannot be for many classes with 24 classes being offered. We cannot add in any more classes to this race, FE or otherwise. We actually should be at 20 classes and no more but which ones are cut? Cannot with the entries shown in the past. This race has the highest number of classes offered at any IMPBA race and the highest number of boats entered as well. The numbers are very tough to balance and juggle. Hosting a race of this magnitiude and interest is a very tough assignment.

3. With # 1 & 2 above being considered, how can space be made for a very weak class? There remains one potential option. Are you tunnel heads willing to cut a D Tunnel heat out to make room for the gas tunnel class? B and Sport B tunnel classes generally have the highest attendance of all classes so they will not be cut. That leaves the D class and the Open tunnel classes. The open has 2 heats allocated for it, D has 3. So don't want to cut it out of the open class. So that leaves the D only remaining option. If you guys want to cut the D class down to 2 heats and put in the gas class I can do it. But a trade off must be made to put it back in. Be aware that cutting a heat of the D class will potentially affect more tunnel racers than the gas class has in it. Is that the result that you prefer? I will not cut another nitro or gas class down to put back in the gas tunnel class. It will have to come from within the tunnel classes. BTW, the E/F tunnel class went the same way 3 years ago and we went to an open class instead. The numbers did not support keeping it.

So it is up to you guys - all you tunnel heads. The final class cut off is August 15th - a class without 5 entries will be cut at that time. So that is your guarantee date deadline. Let me know very soon. Best I can offer for the situation we have now.

John,

Ron,

The race structure was made with the history of the past 3 fall nats races and their classes. There are ebbs and flows that happen every year and from year to year. There are 3 items to consider at the moment:

1. We all know how guarantees go. They do not mean that the entries will come, the racers will show up, or the boats actually run in the race. A lot of drop outs and no shows have been happening and this class is among the worst for it. Go to rcracingevents and look at the race results for the CMB races. Take a close look at the gas tunnel attendance for the past 2 fall nats and this years tunnel champs early last month. What are the numbers telling you? Then ask yourself about the remaining fall nats classes that have much more interest for them weighed against the gas tunnel class that a few want retained? The direction is most obvious.

2. As I discussed with you the other day on the phone, we have a ceiling limit of about 50 heats to run each round. The number of slots for each class was determined by past history and the wait lists used for the past 4 years. We cannot look at no more than 3 heats per round for any class and that cannot be for many classes with 24 classes being offered. We cannot add in any more classes to this race, FE or otherwise. We actually should be at 20 classes and no more but which ones are cut? Cannot with the entries shown in the past. This race has the highest number of classes offered at any IMPBA race and the highest number of boats entered as well. The numbers are very tough to balance and juggle. Hosting a race of this magnitiude and interest is a very tough assignment.

3. With # 1 & 2 above being considered, how can space be made for a very weak class? There remains one potential option. Are you tunnel heads willing to cut a D Tunnel heat out to make room for the gas tunnel class? B and Sport B tunnel classes generally have the highest attendance of all classes so they will not be cut. That leaves the D class and the Open tunnel classes. The open has 2 heats allocated for it, D has 3. So don't want to cut it out of the open class. So that leaves the D only remaining option. If you guys want to cut the D class down to 2 heats and put in the gas class I can do it. But a trade off must be made to put it back in. Be aware that cutting a heat of the D class will potentially affect more tunnel racers than the gas class has in it. Is that the result that you prefer? I will not cut another nitro or gas class down to put back in the gas tunnel class. It will have to come from within the tunnel classes. BTW, the E/F tunnel class went the same way 3 years ago and we went to an open class instead. The numbers did not support keeping it.

So it is up to you guys - all you tunnel heads. The final class cut off is August 15th - a class without 5 entries will be cut at that time. So that is your guarantee date deadline. Let me know very soon. Best I can offer for the situation we have now.
John,

I would hate to see you cut the D Tunnel Class, but last year you had less than 16 entries, so maybe that will work. I appreciate you at least considering the change. Let's see how it goes. If you get more than 16 D entries, (two heats), then I guess it's decision time. We will make sure you get at least 5 gas and maybe 6 tunnel entries, then the rest is up to you guys. Thanks again.

John,

Ron,

John,

I would hate to see you cut the D Tunnel Class, but last year you had less than 16 entries, so maybe that will work. I appreciate you at least considering the change. Let's see how it goes. If you get more than 16 D entries, (two heats), then I guess it's decision time. We will make sure you get at least 5 gas and maybe 6 tunnel entries, then the rest is up to you guys. Thanks again.
Same thing we were looking at. Seeing as how D has had less than 16 racers the last two years, cutting a heat of D shouldn't affect much. We'll have to agree with Ron, should D have less than 16 by the deadlibe, there will without a question be at least 5 gas tunnels. Unless something arises causing someone not to come, then that gaurantee is final.

- The Atwells

John,

Ron,

John,

Same thing we were looking at. Seeing as how D has had less than 16 racers the last two years, cutting a heat of D shouldn't affect much. We'll have to agree with Ron, should D have less than 16 by the deadlibe, there will without a question be at least 5 gas tunnels. Unless something arises causing someone not to come, then that gaurantee is final.

- The Atwells
The 2012 Fall Nats had 20 D tunnels entered, 14 were scored. 6 had no scores and one was Brandon. The 2011 race had 23 entered and 16 scored. 7 had no scores and one was Tony. From those stats, there were nearly a full heat that dropped at race time for various reasons. Rcracingevents has all of the data and it is accurate.

BTW way guys, there is NO guarantee in this game. August 15th is the hard deadline for all classes. I will make the changes and see what happens. The D tunnel will be reduced to 16 entries and the gas put back in. The D tunnel extras will have to go on a wait list for over 16. Guess then you guys need to start stumping real hard to get the numbers in to keep the class active.

Sounds great John. Mitch, Tony, James, Stan, and I will be ready. Mitch has another entry in the works. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back