• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S MAC 84 BLUE HEAD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now my Paypal status has been changed to this-

kyle smith

Email:[email protected]

Total Amount:

$265.00 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

$265.00 USD

Date:

Aug. 4, 2009

Time:

16:24:40 PDT

Removed

Subject:

kyle smith has just sent you $265.00 USD with PayPal

Note:

We have sent an email regarding this request. Sorry for the inconvenience

What the heck does a status of "removed" mean?? It was saying "pending". Guess it's time for a phone call to Paypal. :blink:

UPDATE- just got off the phone with Paypal, they said seller removed the refund status and they strongly recommended that I let them start a claim so I agreed. I was really hoping this would resolve itself.....
Don how do you start a claim? I'm in for 90usd for a set of 1667's.

Tnx,

Last edited by a moderator:
Don how do you start a claim? I'm in for 90usd for a set of 1667's.

Tnx,
Log in to Paypal, click on "contact us" and follow the directions for phone contact. You will get a 6 digit pin # that you'll need to enter in when you call, is good for one hour. Listen to the menu and just say "agent" when prompted.

Just got this from Paypal-

Hello Don Ferrette,

The refund sent by kyle smith ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact kyle smith regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------

Refund details:

Amount: $265.00 USD

Sender: kyle smith

Sender's email: [email protected]

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction date: Jun. 22, 2009

Thanks,

PayPal

So is this Paypal's way of saying we're on our own?? :blink:

For a while there I was jealous of you Don. That price was a good deal. So much for that. I hate people who are thieves. I work so hard for my money and hate to see someone do nothing for it. Hope it turns out good for all of you.

Mike

Just got this from Paypal-

Hello Don Ferrette,

The refund sent by kyle smith ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact kyle smith regarding this refund.

Refund details:

Amount: $265.00 USD

Sender: kyle smith

Sender's email: [email protected]

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction date: Jun. 22, 2009

Thanks,

PayPal

So is this Paypal's way of saying we're on our own?? :blink:

I got the same thing. This guy is a true thief. First takes our money... Then fakes a refund to try to take more by saying send more money to a different address. It is sick to think that this type of person exists in this world. Karma is a b****

Sounds like he xferred it out of paypal to his bank account. And then xferred it out of the bank account. He then processed a refund that was to be drawn from the bank account that had 0$ in it. The bank dishonored it, and now paypal will not refund it to you since they did not get it from Kyle. This was all to buy time, and make it look like Kyle was simply refunding your $$$ for a transaction that was cancelled.

Time to contact Paypal to escalate it to fraud claim. That is what I use paypal for is to avoid fraud. If they can't resolve it with the $$BILLIONS that they make each year, what good are they.

For a while there I was jealous of you Don. That price was a good deal. So much for that. I hate people who are thieves. I work so hard for my money and hate to see someone do nothing for it. Hope it turns out good for all of you.

Mike
hey mike, sounds like you are describing our GOVERMENT to a tee!!! :rolleyes:

This is a real "dog's breakfast". I've looked through the posts on Jim's and now at the ones on here and this is a real big mess. Too many people have been taken by what I've read and this will be on everyone's minds for a long time to come. It is a shame because I've found everyone on IW (as well as Jim's) to be stand up people that I respect and yes I'll say it, I also trust.

As far as Paypal goes, I've always said they are a bunch of thieves but I use them out of convenience.

Don, are your Paypal funds taken from your bank account or your credit card? If it is the credit card, you could file a claim with them and that may get you your money back. I think the credit card companies are a safer bet sometimes even if they are just slightly better than thieves.(more like a pickpockets)

I guess I have to be grateful that I did get what I paid for from Kyle Smith. It was a darn good deal, seemed too good at first glance but the motor arrived a little while after I paid for it (paid on July 13 and got the motor on July 22).

Wally

Hey Don

Just got the same email from paypal for my dealings with Kyle

Dave Bestpitch

This is a real "dog's breakfast". I've looked through the posts on Jim's and now at the ones on here and this is a real big mess. Too many people have been taken by what I've read and this will be on everyone's minds for a long time to come. It is a shame because I've found everyone on IW (as well as Jim's) to be stand up people that I respect and yes I'll say it, I also trust.

As far as Paypal goes, I've always said they are a bunch of thieves but I use them out of convenience.

Don, are your Paypal funds taken from your bank account or your credit card? If it is the credit card, you could file a claim with them and that may get you your money back. I think the credit card companies are a safer bet sometimes even if they are just slightly better than thieves.(more like a pickpockets)

I guess I have to be grateful that I did get what I paid for from Kyle Smith. It was a darn good deal, seemed too good at first glance but the motor arrived a little while after I paid for it (paid on July 13 and got the motor on July 22).

Wally

do you have his return address?

Wally

do you have his return address?
That's 3 weeks ago now, sorry but that box is most likely long gone now.

Wally

OK Guys! You need some help and let me try and do that.

Hopefully you used a credit card for your Paypal purchases. Trust me, Paypal may be an advocate to ban someone from dealing with Paypal but they have no power to get your money back from anyone.

Other than being a GREAT boat racer, lol, my day job is having been a Credit Union Executive at one of Washington's largest credit unions for the past 31 years. One of my functions is to manage our Visa Card Department.

It is very straight forward on something like this.

Contact your Visa provider and tell them you want to perform a "Chargeback". There are 2 reasons to support your request. Number one is that you never signed for the charge. (A little known fact is that all charges to stick need to be supported by either a cardholder signature or a "PIN" number). Reason number 2, you never received the goods. They are obligated to refund your money, pending investigation. Unless proof of your signature or delivery of goods can be shown, the chargeback stands.

Paypal doesn't like people taking things into their own hands and they may warn you, BUT a person has to look out for themselves.

Please remember, if you attempt to get money back wrongfully that is just as unlawful as the person trying to bilk you out of it.

Act quickly and don't sleep on your rights. There is a time limitation, I think like 30 days from when you received your statement that showed the wrongful charge.

Good Luck,

Bill

unfortuneately i nearly got burned bad for 290.00us from this great fellow. luckily i stopped payment through western union , the down side is i will not have the funds back in my hands for a least 6 weeks,, :angry: .. this bloke is a real work of art..

Well I was trying to be optimistic (silly me) in, even though I had a pretty strong feeling from the start that Kyle Smith and Mike Coppolino were one in the same, that Kyle/Mike was selling off stuff to raise $$ and get out of that mess he's in over the ProCat boats he was supposed to be making for guys on Jim's R/C Boat Dock. The motor price was a heck of a deal, I had been hunting for one for a friend and this seemed like a way to both get my buddy a motor and maybe get Mike on his way to getting out of the jam he was in. So much for being the optimist and even remotely caring about someone else's issue, looks like this will be another example of the old saying- "if it seems too good to be true ......." :unsure:

This is what was on another post,

#4 Tim Martin

Group:

Members

Today, 07:06 AM Posted Today, 08:12 AM

TERMINATOR, on 09 August 2009 - 08:20 PM, said:

darby96, on 09 August 2009 - 09:06 PM, said:

does anyone know how, where, why, whenor anything about this person?

money sent, one email back and since then nothing

DaveB

i- we- most of us think kyle smith is also known as ...mike coppolino. from canada.. he hosed several of us on the dock and i guess he just got hit by a car on his bike.. karmas hand can slap yo face hard...lol.. he hosed don ferrette i think to, you might want to talk to him .. it might be a sore subject but i bet he will answer you.

tk

Ok this is Tim Martin saying this,

Hey all, I'm the one that got Mike back on the dock by chasing him down, I called this past week and talked with his son Mike JR..He advised me about the accident. I know on the dock, Jim and Dom (aclazer) found a couple or a few IP addresses that went back to Mike (PHM) Anyone here that has sent him monies,,,well,,,I wouldn't delay call your local PD file theft charges,,call the Whitby On Ca PD file with them,,and finally call the FBI for internet fraud,,If you paid by Credit Card,,I would call bank and request a charge back to be made to your account..More than likely this is the same person,,His cell phone is still good,905-493-1630,,as you know he never answers it,,However if you call and let it ring until v/m,,hang up and call right back until he answers or someone..may take 3 or 4 call's but someone will pick up,,,Just a FYI.

This is what was on another post,

#4 Tim Martin

Group:

Members

Today, 07:06 AM Posted Today, 08:12 AM

TERMINATOR, on 09 August 2009 - 08:20 PM, said:

darby96, on 09 August 2009 - 09:06 PM, said:

does anyone know how, where, why, whenor anything about this person?

money sent, one email back and since then nothing

DaveB

i- we- most of us think kyle smith is also known as ...mike coppolino. from canada.. he hosed several of us on the dock and i guess he just got hit by a car on his bike.. karmas hand can slap yo face hard...lol.. he hosed don ferrette i think to, you might want to talk to him .. it might be a sore subject but i bet he will answer you.

tk

Ok this is Tim Martin saying this,

Hey all, I'm the one that got Mike back on the dock by chasing him down, I called this past week and talked with his son Mike JR..He advised me about the accident. I know on the dock, Jim and Dom (aclazer) found a couple or a few IP addresses that went back to Mike (PHM) Anyone here that has sent him monies,,,well,,,I wouldn't delay call your local PD file theft charges,,call the Whitby On Ca PD file with them,,and finally call the FBI for internet fraud,,If you paid by Credit Card,,I would call bank and request a charge back to be made to your account..More than likely this is the same person,,His cell phone is still good,905-493-1630,,as you know he never answers it,,However if you call and let it ring until v/m,,hang up and call right back until he answers or someone..may take 3 or 4 call's but someone will pick up,,,Just a FYI.
Thanks for the info. Don i was thinking the same when i bought it. Luckily i didn't buy all 3 sets of props he had for sale. I'll see if it is possible to get my money back from Mastercard...

WOW Good going Mike if this is your crap. You ripped me like 7 or 8 or more years ago and i guess thinks never chance.i could almost see this sort of thing coming, standing on the side lines. Always felt something was wrong. Well guess i was right. Sorry guys from a true Canadian. Guess you really have to judge and do some homework with who you deal with. i knew him just from racing and yep. Somethings not right. Just added to why i'm not in the boating thing anymore but always like to check in once in awhile.

Well it looks like "Kyle" is trying again-

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount

Jul. 27, 2009 Payment To kyle smith Completed Details -$265.00 USD

Related Transactions

Date Type Status Details Amount

Jul. 27, 2009 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $265.00 USD

Aug. 4, 2009 Refund Removed Details $265.00 USD

Aug. 14, 2009 Refund Pending ... $265.00 USD

I'd rather have the motor but I'll settle for not getting left out in the cold. Fingers crossed....... :ph34r:

He got me 2 years ago on some K 45 parts, then that same year on a 45 rigger that was missing parts he said were included... This comes as no surprise to me, hes a POS, I hope you guys get your cash back, and I hope he's never allowed back on this site.

Back