F*d up the knee

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

totally screwed up my knee... while bowling of all things. so the past week been hobbling around like a gimp, called the doc took almost half that time to find out i have tares in two ligaments. finally got a spot at work in a more office setting so im not as prone to f'ing it up more... got home today from my first day back. and walking through the kitchen i feel it pop then pain... dang kneecap is about three inches higher then it's supposed to be. looks like back on medical leave... :(

I've broken my fingers a few times... each time the splint was more annoying then the pain.. but **** if this dont hurt worse... worse yet no work means harder to keep my mind off it.

so what can i expect as far as surgery goes and how long do you think i'll be off it? doc aint really saing anything and i have till next week before the surgeon can fit me in for a preliminary.

dam man i wish you the best bro let us know what happens ok.

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of it depends on how much damage was done to the ligaments. i've had a screwed up knee for about 40 years. had arthoscopic surgery twice. was out for about a week to 10 days both times. had calcium deposits removed once (largest was 36 mm oval :eek: ), was done outpatient, back the next day. my issues are arthritic, so my time frames may not apply. actually had the knee cap removed, bone surfaces cleaned/matched, & reassembled. about 6 hrs. of surgery. back in about 2 weeks, on crutches-knee brace-limited duty. with office work, should be back fairly soon, but your orthopedic surgeon is the only one who can say for sure. hurry up & get well, almost time to start setting up that k&b B) !!

Cyslyd

If the knee is bad enough they mite replace it.Sound like you pop it out of place.Take care my friend and you will be walking soon.

Dave Roach

thanks for the get wells... yeah I called the surgeon, I can tell i'm not high on his priority list, but got the appt moved closer. the doc agrees and thinks one of the tendon has let go, now i'll need more surgery then if the surgeon had just gotten off his duff in the first place (took almost a week to get him to call back to set up an appt)

you know every few years i find a doc like this surgeon, where no matter what I feel like I am interrupting his precious little life. really this is only the third time i've had this, overall I cant complain and my medical service is pretty good, but this docs really creeping to the wrong side of my attitude.

totally screwed up my knee... while bowling of all things. so the past week been hobbling around like a gimp, called the doc took almost half that time to find out i have tares in two ligaments. finally got a spot at work in a more office setting so im not as prone to f'ing it up more... got home today from my first day back. and walking through the kitchen i feel it pop then pain... dang kneecap is about three inches higher then it's supposed to be. looks like back on medical leave... :(

I've broken my fingers a few times... each time the splint was more annoying then the pain.. but **** if this dont hurt worse... worse yet no work means harder to keep my mind off it.

so what can i expect as far as surgery goes and how long do you think i'll be off it? doc aint really saing anything and i have till next week before the surgeon can fit me in for a preliminary.

I blew out my knee in a dirt bike accident in 2006. I tore my ACL, MCL, pulled the miniscus out of the knee and had compression fractures on the femur and the tibia. It was pretty bad to say the least. The surgeon I went to is one of the best in Florida and I would highly recommend. He performed orthoscopic sugery with acl reconstruction. He did things a little different though and it was the best experience ive had with a surgeon. I injured it Dec 17th of 2006 and he had me do physical therapy for 2 months before the surgery. He said that this builds up the muscle in the knee and makes recovery time minimal. The therapy went soo well I was walking without a limp before my surgery. The sugery went flawless and I was walking again a week after the sugery.It took about 4 months to get back to 100% and I dont have any problems with it. I can do everything I did before I injured it. The surgeons name is Koco Eaton and he is in Pinellas Florida in Feather Sound. He has a great bedside manner and really takes time with you to understand what is going on and how he is going to fix it. I know what you are going through and I hope everything works out.

thanks for the get wells... yeah I called the surgeon, I can tell i'm not high on his priority list, but got the appt moved closer. the doc agrees and thinks one of the tendon has let go, now i'll need more surgery then if the surgeon had just gotten off his duff in the first place (took almost a week to get him to call back to set up an appt)

you know every few years i find a doc like this surgeon, where no matter what I feel like I am interrupting his precious little life. really this is only the third time i've had this, overall I cant complain and my medical service is pretty good, but this docs really creeping to the wrong side of my attitude.
Sounds like you need to get another doctor! You should not have to put up with his arrogance or be put off like you are a nuisance. I would recommend you seek referrals from friends, family. It pays to network when it comes to doctors..the good ones know that!

thanks guys. saw the doctor today... and it's not as bad as my primary care doctor thought. first, he is really cool, and took time to sit explain my options his recommendations and plan. he is one of the best rated in the area, and is not the first doc that I was supposed to see.. he is in the same offices and I would have to say that they are kind of a pain in the but.

for the good news.. the kneecap is extended due to fluid build up.. and the tears are really small. he feels it's not worth surgery.

the bad news. gotta let it heal on it's own, do PT exercises and hope it heals quickly.

I messed up my left knee while painting my garage. I suffered with it popping and clicking for about a year. I couldn't take it anymore, so I had an MRI done. They told me my meniscus was torn and there were a few bone fragments in there. They recommended that I have surgery right away. Little did these doctors know that it was right in the middle of salmon season. I figured though, I had better do it and get it out of the way. I was sedated during the operation. I don't even remember drifting off. After about 30 minutes in the recovery room, my wife drove me home. After arriving home, I immediately grabbed my pole and went down to the river and dragged in an 11 pound silver. I wish now that I didn't wait for the surgery. My knee is like new now.

I have had the meniscus repaired in both my knees.I have arthritis pretty bad in my right knee, most of the cartilage on the inside of my kneecap is gone. Very painful about 9 hours into a 12 hour shift on my feet. Sitting or riding in a car with my knee bent was very uncomfortable. I was eating Ibuprofen like candy. started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin tablets in January, and after about two weeks the pain subsided and my mobility increased. I haven't had to use any pain relievers in weeks, and I don't hobble out of work in the morning.

Back