Exhaust extension and remote needle valve help.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

What can I use to put on the end of my pipe that will not burn off and let the exhaust/oil exit the boat.

The way it is setup by the previous owner the crap just drops off and sits in the boat in the strut/transom area making a mess.

I was thinking a thin wall tube routed out thru the transom or a thin wall aluminum pipe that would extend the end of the pipe out past the transom..

The o/d of my pipe is 1/2 "

any ideas, pictures..

I also need suggestions for a remote needle that will not be operated by a third channel.

The carb on my PIP 45 has no HSN.

Thanks

Terry

He is how mine is set up, I just used an exhaust coupler. But this boat has yet to run,, so i don't know how it will work. I also need to come up with a bracket to hold the pipe in place. Here is a picture of mine right now My gallery

Also check out how Russell Bear did his on the beautiful Miss Squire shop Russell gallery

Don Ferrette sell a mounting bracket for a remote needle, but you also need to buy a OS needle kit Don's gallery

hope this helps

Terry here is a pic of an old setup I used to run. Just get a small piece of tubing that will fit tight on your pipe stinger but do not let this piece extend past the end ot the stinger now use some tubing that will fit tight around the outer diameter of that piece and run it out the transom. I have a piece of flared tubing that fits through the transom and into the end of the extention.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=124&pos=7

Ron

What can I use to put on the end of my pipe that will not burn off and let the exhaust/oil exit the boat.

The way it is setup by the previous owner the crap just drops off and sits in the boat in the strut/transom area making a mess.

I was thinking a thin wall tube routed out thru the transom or a thin wall aluminum pipe that would extend the end of the pipe out past the transom..

The o/d of my pipe is 1/2 "

any ideas, pictures..

I also need suggestions for a remote needle that will not be operated by a third channel.

The carb on my PIP 45 has no HSN.

Thanks

Terry

Last edited:
Ron

That is a neat set-up do you have any pictures of the transom, also where did you get those push rods.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
I made an aluminum ferule that I epoxied into the transom. The diameter is about 1/8 bigger thanj the end of the pipe. I then connected the pipe and the ferule with a section of small exhaust coupler about 6" long. It seems to help deaden the exhaust noise a bit, and doesn't have any backpressure that I can tell.

Just make sure that the tubing you use is a few sizes larger than the stinger so that you don't add a lot of back pressure Stan

thanks guys I think I have enough good ideas to make something now..

Terry

Back