Epoxy and glue?...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robert

I am all new to the R/C world. Currently I am designing / building a model boat. I am wondering what everybody recommends using to glue it together. Also, do you apply anything to seal the wood? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Robrt

This a great board!!! You will learn a lot here, So why don't you join up. it doesn't that that much time! There are a bunch of great guys & a lady here as well!

Use a good 30 min epoxy if you plan on running a gas or nitro engine, the vibrations will eventually tear the boat apart. & defiantly seal the wood with a finish coat of epoxy, or epoxy based paint. Nitro eats most paint. If you are going to run electric, you could get away with CA & a regular paint.

Use epoxy the slower the cure the better. Automotive acrylic urethane clearcoat is superior to epoxy for sealing wood IMO. I used it for years to restore wooden steering wheels on classic cars.

Hi,

I like to use CA to glue it all together then seal with West Systems. Strong and builds quick.

-MikeP

Latest posts

Back