Questions about CA glues

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to use in a ventilated area, especially if you are doing more then a little tacking of parts. This stuff is not friendly to your body. End of my preaching!!! Jer

I’m wondering what CA glues guys are using these days. With more and more woodworking guys using CA glues and more companies producing and selling CA glues, has anyone come across something that stands out.
I have used Zap for years but I find it very brittle and won’t use it when building wood boats. The last two boats I built were done entirely with epoxy but that takes entirely to long. So I’m looking for something that will hold up to the vibrations, water and fuels, have some give but retain its strength. This would be used primarily for wood Scale boats and of course this is just to tack stuff together and I would be coming back over everything to seal it up with epoxy after putting the skins are on.

Remember that most C.A. are all manufactured buy just one or two company's. Then just repackaged. Many of the chemicals used in manufacturing are.VERRY hazardous. SO it's much easier to just buy it from a major chemical company and repackage it. I have used MANY. I like zap thin use only thin and never any kicker. Parts must fit perfectly. For ca to do all it can

Back