engine tuning

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catxtreme

Guys I need some help, I was running my Vegas today and it was running the best I have ever seen it run. The problem is on the third tank of fuel I threw the boat in and it acted like the tune had totaly gone away, it went back to only running on the pipe in the turns once the prop unloaded. As soon as I hit the straight stretch it would fall off pipe and barely stay on plane :huh: . As I said the first two tanks it ran like a hydro should and I changed nothing in between the second and third tanks. What could cause this as its not the first time I have had it happen, it was just a much more pronounced change this time. Thanks

Jeff Lee

Jeff,

Did you check the glow plug after each run? I sounds like you may have damaged the plug element. Best to check after each run, especially when it is running the best it has ever run.

John the plug looks good but when I was cleaning the boat up jus t a little while ago I believe I may have found the cause. The pipe had slid foward closer to the header shortining the length up a little which I think should explain the change, we'll find out next trip to the pond I guess. Thanks for the reply John my entry is going in the mail this week. See you in October.

Jeff

Always check the plug after a good run and learn how to read it. Surprised that the pipe moving in did not take it out as it usually does. Good that you found the source.

Good deal on the race. Love to have you come and race with us.

Back