Engine cleaners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

What is a good cleaner for nitro engines? I've seen carb cleaner, brake cleaner and lacquer thinner suggested.

antifreeze in a crockpot is the best cleaner around to get off burnt on fuel/castor oil. Put it in there, on low heat and just let it soak for a day or so. I have a small "dip" crockpot that works wonders!

Is a supper soapy hot parts washer to hot? I have seen it remove stuff solvents and brake kleen would not....

I use a heavy duty hand cleaner with pumice and a small brass wire brush and hot water. the case comes out looking like new.

Tryed the antiefreez thing on the stove. Damner burnt down the house. didnt know it was flamible :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a heavy duty hand cleaner with pumice and a small brass wire brush and hot water. the case comes out looking like new.

Tryed the antiefreez thing on the stove. Damner burnt down the house. didnt know it was flamible :(
ha, be careful man!! Thats why they recommend you put it in a crock pot, on low heat and just let it set for a while.

Kroggs, I wouldnt think so. They put cylinder heads and other aluminum parts in hotsy tanks, so I wouldnt think it would be.

I have found that if you take the time to spray the motor with WD-40 after your done for the day they always look great.

My daughters mono has an old short stroke Nova in it that has been in use for over ten years now that still looks like new.

Tim K

What Tim K. said, but when you are tearing one down (Soft Scrub with Bleach) for bath & kitchen. it is awesome stuff and inexpensive, you probably already have some, GRAB THE OLD TOOTH BRUSH AND WASH THE BROWN AWAY! also great for for the B./ K.WHAT ITS FOR!!! be careful if using it on complete mtrs. it is abrasive so be sure to cap all holes exhaust, carbs. ect. you won't be dissipointed this is all i use now!!! "TRY IT YOUL LIKE IT"

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Tim K have used a solution of degreaser(used for painting) with WD 40 for years and never had brown stuff inside my motors.Gill

i use 3 to 4 cans of tech brake clean from walmart,per week.i like the green can crc brake clean ,and oreily auto, brand, brake clean also,but they cost more.stay away from the red can crc,it'll run you out of the house,along with some others

Tryed the antiefreez thing on the stove. Damner burnt down the house. didnt know it was flamible
sad.gif
NEVER use the antifreeze boil method in the house or garage. Antifreeze contains alcohol and it does have a flash point. In the eighties Ford issued a recall on ambulances because they were catching on fire. Coolant got so hot while those things set running it reached the flash point and burned the ambulances to the ground,sometimes taking building with them if under an awning. Be safe plug it in out doors

Latest posts

Back