Endurance Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who can't, buy! And OffshoreElectrics will have an low price water cooled 6-16cell custom esc for sale that will work with lipoly in the very near future! :D

Pagemaster said:
Those who can't, buy! And OffshoreElectrics will have an low price water cooled 6-16cell custom esc for sale that will work with lipoly in the very near future! :D
That's great!

The market-driven economy is a wondrous thing
I would like to think its the quality customer service and products!
Steven

The two are directly linked together. Each is an prerequisite and a response to the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve

What a crack up - so many setups!

But as endurance racing is about efficiency

low weight

low water drag

high motor efficiency

=

cf hull

li poly

brushless/gearbox

but if you dont cap at least one item wont it be a case of dollars will win?

on the other hand a lipoly powered brushless/gearboxed 1/8 hydro could be a blast (maybe literally)!

Guest said:
Steve
What a crack up - so many setups!

But as endurance racing is about efficiency

low weight

low water drag

high motor efficiency

=

cf hull

li poly

brushless/gearbox

but if you dont cap at least one item wont it be a case of dollars will win?

on the other hand a lipoly powered brushless/gearboxed 1/8 hydro could be a blast (maybe literally)!
There will be no caps.......this is an open race, anything electric goes.

Must run 10 mins and the winner will do the most laps.

We are hoping for 10 racers

thanks

Steve

FE racing for money?

yea... Want my two cents??

Here it is anyway..

Not a hot idea....

Unless you are use to the animosity that this can cause please be careful..

Remember after years of racing..and i do mean years...aha....i will just stay out of it..

PLEASE REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE REALY DOING THERE.(racing for fun).sounds easy but it can be tought for some guys to remember when it comes to money..

Grimracer

Cleveland CAFE Racing would be willing to participate. Sounds like a hoot.

I would suggest that on our course we go with using our Offshore set-up.

Left hand turn and all. Lengthen the course out.

My big question is who is going to count the laps. 10 guys racing at the same time. 10 pittmen.

20 people needed. Logistical nightmare. I hope everyone can count because if it is for money I want all laps counted correctly.

I estimate the winner will need to complete at least 40 to 45 laps to win on a 1/10th mile oval.

THAT IS A LOT OF COUNTING!!!

Hey Guys,

I think the idea here is to get guys experimenting with new goodies. At least that's the way I'm reading it, run anything for ten minutes. I was kidding about the unlimited offshore boat, although it could do it. My opinion, a light fast setup is best and there's one boat that comes to mind that fits the bill. Rigger.

Paul.

photohoward1 said:
Cleveland CAFE Racing would be willing to participate.  Sounds like a hoot.I would suggest that on our course we go with using our Offshore set-up.

Left hand turn and all.  Lengthen the course out.

My big question is who is going to count the laps.  10 guys racing at the same time. 10 pittmen.

20 people needed.  Logistical nightmare.  I hope everyone can count because if it is for money I want all laps counted correctly.

I estimate the winner will need to complete at least 40 to 45  laps to win on a 1/10th mile oval.

THAT IS A LOT OF COUNTING!!!
We would need 2 heats for 10 boats Howard. Since we hope to have several watching the event we want like to have some count laps. I am open to ideas.

Your lake has the possibility of adding one extra bouy further out? 1/10 is not the idea that I am looking for. Thanks for the reply...let's see how this takes off.

thanks

Steve

Grimracer said:
FE racing for money?
yea... Want my two cents??

Here it is anyway..

Not a hot idea....

Unless you are use to the animosity that this can cause please be careful..

Remember after years of racing..and i do mean years...aha....i will just stay out of it..

PLEASE REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE REALY DOING THERE.(racing for fun).sounds easy but it can be tought for some guys to remember when it comes to money..

Grimracer
Your probably correct, preception is different. The money is offered to give incentive and ability to use new technology, it's not really meant to be a race for money. But thanks for your observation, your correct and I can see this happening. Since nobody is going to have a chance to run LiPoly in 2004, here is your chance. It's also not meant as a selling tool, we currently do not even offer large R/C packs. But I can say that I will most likly be testing some for this event myself.

sjslhill said:
We would need 2 heats for 10 boats Howard.  Since we hope to have several watching the event we want like to have some count laps.  I am open to ideas.

Your lake has the possibility of adding one extra bouy further out?  1/10 is not the idea that I am looking for.  Thanks for the reply...let's see how this takes off.

thanks

Steve
Depending how our initial tests go we may be looking at the 1/8th over the 1/10th mile oval in 2004. So an extra 10' for corners and 50' for saws. Of course it will be up to the club members who attend the Batavia Funrun to decide course used for 2004.

As far as the money goes...

I think it is a good thing, within reason. The RC boat hobby is a pretty small community. Many vendors come and go but I don't see R&D going much beyond the nose on their faces in FE boats. What I mean by that is testing is usually limited by the 5 lap / 1/10th mile oval for US markets.

Batavia we have stretched those limits by adding some of our endurace classes. I think the big one was 4 min. 12 cell Hydro. Each year it has been a good challege and many people have developed new ways of doing things without really sacrificing speed.

NAEBER is a good way to get people thinking about endurance and push the possibilities down the road with new in coming technology. With all the new technology Steve offers a goal for those wanting to push limits, in a class that does not exhist anywhere. A plus is you get rewards for it besides bragging rights and a piece of plastic. I guess you can say NAEBER is promoting R&D, using greenstuff to get people to do it. I will love to see what the top 5 do with their boats.

As far as the rest of the Batavia races the rewards stay the same trophies, metal placques, pre-registration prizes, and a general racer raffle. The only way you can win cashola is through Steve's NAEBER class. From the looks of it he wants to give away money and will be a fair and impartial judge in doing so.

One minor thought on limitations to NAEBER is battery. I think there should be a cap on voltage for health and safety. I wouldnt want a retrieval boat person getting electricuted with a 48V boat that is shorting out.....

Jeff

doing so.

One minor thought on limitations to NAEBER is battery. I think there should be a cap on voltage for health and safety. I wouldnt want a retrieval boat person getting electricuted with a 48V boat that is shorting out.....

Jeff

Jeff brings about a good point.

48V is the limit on batteries (charged) 32 cells at nominal is 38.4V

That equals 11 (46.2v) LiPoly cells in series or 32 NiMH or NICADS

thanks

Steve

Doug,

It means what it most always does, "He with the most $ wins". The boys with the $ have thrown caution to the wind to build 1/8, $1500-$2000 boats, now a challenge comes for run time, which also requires big bucks.

Clearly, a Li-poly boat will win the endurance contest. Li-poly = less weight AND longer run time AND big $.

Ray

P.S. I know, Ed ripped up the field with 05 motors this past year, but Li-poly and a Hacker 8xl in a light boat for ten minutes is gonna do one boat load of laps.

What does this mean - if anything?

Means you didn't phrase the post right. Who the hecks NAEBER. I thought I was gonna be racing Mr. Rodgers :rolleyes:

Small light boats will run this best, so I would keep it on a standard oval. Li polys will have the advantage for sure.

LOU

Latest posts

Back