Endurance Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOU said:
I am going twin 05's and high voltage
Steve I can appreciate your loyalty to the 05's but IMHO brushless is going to rule this Race.

I'd like to see some 10C packs too. The batts are the only thing stopping me right now, well that and cash flow :D I have a 8L and Castle controler that would add a few onces to the setup but then all I need is the batts and charger. I'll probly test the 8L, Castle setup first and see what kind of run time I get with 6-3300 cells.

Just not ready to jump into Li-Poly yet. Its hard to beleive someone hasn't tried Li-poly in a boat yet. Are Boat guys just to CHEAP or BROKE :rolleyes:

LOU

The Cheap Son of a :p
It's not just loyality, I have all the equipment to do so. Speed Control, Motors, Gearbox, ect....

I have yet to see anyone break Ed's 4 min 16+ lap record at Batavia with Brushless anyway. Now I realize that there are some great 4 min enduro racers out there that may not have attended Batavia the last 3 years. Ed did this with R/C 2400 cells and the motors were just warm. With 3300 cells and some turning up the wick he could have ran more laps.

So, I think a dual brushed system can do very well, will in win?, most likly not.

thanks,

Steve

guiri said:
I think I was the first "guest", but definately not the knowledgeable one Mr Forester :eek: Apologies for my lack of netiquette, those cookie wotnots weren't working on the new board.Lou: There are continuous 10C rated LiPo's available. See www.tanicpacks.com or for bare cells only (need aluminium solder for pack constuction) www.cheapbatterypacks.com at cheaper prices.
Better wait for a bit on those cells...fires are popping up all over. Those guys have no clue at what they are doing.

my 2 cents

Steve

Better wait for a bit on those cells...fires are popping up all over. Those guys have no clue at what they are doing.
Rodger on that one, Thanks Guri but I will wait for plug and play and some built in Safeguards.

will in win?, most likly not.
Sure is fun trying. Steve I guess you'll get a brushless motor about the same time RC-Hydros makes a brushless ESC :D Some of my funnest boats are brushed but tend to be the closed can 700's. I fry 05's :rolleyes:

LOU

For sale? Not likly unless some safety devices are built. I feel that I can purchase cells and packs to use myself for this, but I don't want to be selling them. These big packs can catch on fire if you do not know what your doing. I suggest that you read up on them.
I have read up on them and won't be selling them. I don't have a lawyer on staff yet to handle the problems! :D
Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

hhuummm, ten boats on the course. A light rigger runnin a wide line or a deep V huggin the pylons...

HHuumm...

All the best,

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
PropNut said:
hhuummm, ten boats on the course. A light rigger runnin a wide line or a deep V huggin the pylons...
HHuumm...

All the best,

Ray
From an earlier post:

sjslhill: We would need 2 heats for 10 boats Howard.

That means two 5 boats heats.

KW

Kevin Whitehead said:
PropNut said:
HHuumm...

All the best,

Ray
From an earlier post:

sjslhill: We would need 2 heats for 10 boats Howard.

That means two 5 boats heats.

KW
Looks like Ed's in for this event!

Watch out brushless people, he he.

GO Ed

Pagemaster said:
For sale? Not likly unless some safety devices are built. I feel that I can purchase cells and packs to use myself for this, but I don't want to be selling them. These big packs can catch on fire if you do not know what your doing. I suggest that you read up on them.
I have read up on them and won't be selling them. I don't have a lawyer on staff yet to handle the problems! :D
Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com
I was reading up on the plane sites a bit. Some guys have built or used metal boxes for transporting these batteries. In case they explode or ignite. Most of the problems if not all the problems that cause these new batts to blow, seem to be charging and storage related.

So time to goto the surplus store and pick up some ammo boxes....

Jeff

Doug the guest was me

the weight of my maus with 24 cell in it is 6lb 1/4 oz

an alternative way of looking at it is to take a Naviga Mono 2 and 8 cells and lower rpm/v motor. This would give 10 mins at very close to Naviga race pace. Thats 20 laps in 6 minutes or 33 laps in 10

It seems more readily achievable when looked at from that perspective

As for flotation 24 cells in a Bullet definitely wont sink!

Not that I'm going to this race,I do hava a boat that does ten minutes.I have it geared 1.5:1,BL motor,24cell 3300s and 57mm Graupner prop.Andrew calculated it's doing around 33mph.The kicker is it's a 48"hull.It's doable,but I don't know how many laps this boat can do on your regulation coarse.What speeds are you guys thinking of in this 10min. race?

Redster

Jeff or Steve

Can we get a date for the 2004 Batavia race and thereby also have a date for the Endurance race. I can't find any mention of a 2004 date on the Bataviarc.com website.

Thanks

forresterace said:
Jeff or Steve
Can we get a date for the 2004 Batavia race and thereby also have a date for the Endurance race. I can't find any mention of a 2004 date on the Bataviarc.com website.

Thanks
I just found out that Batavia is August 7th and the 8th. I will be unable to attend that weekend, I'll be away in New Mexico. Due to this new information the endurance event is canceled.

A real bummer..... :(

thanks

Steve

Latest posts

Back