Electric Fuel Pumps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, Will, that is one of the best electric fuel pump unit I have ever seen, think I could be persuaded to use one of this !! Like that it's an enclosed unit and looks like a very high quality and positive toggle switch, construction looks superb. The only downier is, it's from over seas ( Korea ). Any suppliers here in our own back yard or even someone that could imports this electric pump.

Who makes a good reliable fuel pump???

I have tried Hobbico Hanger 9 and Sullivan

The work but not well or long

I am pumping out of a 5 gal container

Any suggestions appreciated

Doc, I've used pumps similar to these before..... a long time ago.

Windshield wiper solution typically contains 30-50% methanol.

12V, ~38 PSI (water) and flow volume of 250ml/min.

But, they don't reverse for pulling down tank.

Last a long time.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6651616

IDK....I just don't trust a lipo strapped to a pump and gallon of gas or nitro. One spark in an enclosed car, trailer, garage... could make for a bad day.

In fact, I think IMPBA and NAMBA should take a serious look at what type of pit equipment is allowable at any insured event.

All it would take is one serious burn event happening in the pit area or starting table area where people get burned, and we could kiss our insurance goodbye...

Just food for thought guy's....

The Secraft V2 pumps are usually available thru Gator RC. I have 1 for gas that is paired with a 4s LiFe pack. I did have to disassemble the pump and tighten the motor drive dog set screw but other than that it's a good pump. For nitro fuels the Slimline Boxer pump.

IDK....I just don't trust a lipo strapped to a pump and gallon of gas or nitro. One spark in an enclosed car, trailer, garage... could make for a bad day.

In fact, I think IMPBA and NAMBA should take a serious look at what type of pit equipment is allowable at any insured event.

All it would take is one serious burn event happening in the pit area or starting table area where people get burned, and we could kiss our insurance goodbye...

Just food for thought guy's....
Like I see the lack of prop guards at races!

I hear ya' !!

Already made that crazy mad dash drive to the nearest ER to get a club members three severed fingers put back together because of an excursion with a big rigger prop...

Make that drive just once.....and it will change your perspective on how dangerous that nice shiny freshly sharpened and balanced Stainless Steel prop can be...

Gives new meaning to a "Cleaver" or "Chopper"
style of prop..o_O

This is my setup i came up with a few years ago.

Diaphram pump which only pumps one way, no problem, my boats always run until the tank is dry HAHA

I made a valve that i turn to change the flow direction. Simple push button for the pump. I usually run 5 boats at a race meet, 3 are .90s and one twin, so i pump alot of fuel. this pumps faster than anything else ive tried.

Attachments

• 20211120_122925.jpg
    20211120_122925.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Back