electric breaks 100 MPH

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea.....

i said "hydroplane" to mean a good ol' scale or shovelnose or something like that instead of "hydro", which could be a rigger or even a 'cat' by some people's standards.

i see whatcha mean 'bout the riggers barely touching the water, i think that's why this started in the first place cuz PJ was speculating about going soooo fast.

joe

I agree - a rigger is more stable in wind than a cat. A shovel nose hydro is a different story all together ;D ;D

That's what I was getting at, Ian. To increase speed, you have to get more hull out of the water--then you have to compensate with hull design because aerodynamics will play a bigger role. As resistance decreases, the instability caused by it decreases as well.

I really didn't mean to stir all this up, really.............. ;)

Exactly.

Actually I am interested in what Anders found in the wind tunnel, I would very much like to know what is going on with the airflow around sponsons and tubs when they are runningso close to the water. Testing a model in free air will tell you very little other than the aerodynamic stability when the boat has bounced off the water!

Ian.

Back