ebay water adapter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roochaser

Hi there boys ,just wondering if any body has one of those water adapter thats advertised on ebay all the time, thinking of buying one, they look like they could be a good idea [running boat out of water] any thoughts would be helpfull CHEERS AGAIN DAVID B)

Roo, I made one out of PVC pipe, with a water nipple (reticulation fitting) screwed and glued into an end cap on one end and the threaded bit that screws directly onto the tap, simple as that. only cost about $5 to get all the bits from the local hardware.

If you need a pic I can shoot one tomorrow after work

Johno

Western Australia

I made one for about $2. Go to any hardware store & buy an end cap for a garden hose, put an old tuned pipe pressure fitting in it (the kind that goes in from behind & uses a nut on the outside), zip tie a piece of water line on it & you're done. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like don said, all i got was a hose end and jb welded a barb fitting to the end. Just make sure you only put a little water pressue to these motors, a lot will blow out o rings on the cooling jackets.

"Just make sure you only put a little water pressue to these motors, a lot will blow out o rings on the cooling jackets."

I kinda thought that went without saying but good to point out. :blink:

Thanks for info,so can you run the boat out of the water for a while with these things, seems like a good idea to me, might try and make one.Should be abel to get the right needle before i take the boat out for a run, would this adapter be handy for running new motors in or would you need abit of load on the motor,and allso what would be a safe limit to rev the motor with no load on it ,hope this makes sence ALL THE BEST ROOBUSTER :D

roochaser said:
Thanks for info,so can you run the boat out of the water for a while with these things, seems like a good idea to me, might try and make one.Should be abel to get the right needle before i take the boat out for a run, would this adapter be handy for running new motors in or would you need abit of load on the motor,and allso what would be a safe limit to rev the motor with no load on it ,hope this makes sence  ALL THE BEST ROOBUSTER :D
68402[/snapback]

No you won't get a needle setting as there is no load. What it is good for is setting base idle speed & getting a few minutes initial run time on the motor. Break in should always be done on the water under load. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back