eBay Unlimited Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat old piece, B) B) B)

Couldnt imagine what the restoration cost would be though :blink:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
While it COULD be restored, the condition of the visible wood says it probably wouldn't be worth the costs involved. Something I picked up on is the line about having a trailer "for additional cost". This tells me the boat has been stored in the same location as the 7171, discussed in another thread. The last time I saw that line, the owner was selling either the 7207 or 7474 which was in similar but not quite so rough condition

Looks to me to be a variation of the opened sponson. If you were to look at all the early boats, starting with the Slo-Mo-Shun IV, they all had open sponsons. When I asked Ted Jones about it, he told me that the prevailing wisdom of the time was that the sponsons needed to be opened so they could flood when the boat was sitting still for stability. It wasn't until the late 60s/early 70s that closed sponsons were found to work as well, if not better, than the opened ones. If you go back to the Ebay pictures, you can see both sponsons are opened which also means the skid fin was mounted to the sponson inside rather than on the transom

Hull Number 6013, back in the day.......1973 Sunny Jim

Make templates, create new boat...................
Joe whats up with the backside of that right sponson in the last pic ??
Andy,

As I see the last pic in my viewer, I see the fuel pump and filter, which is located on the left front of the engine well ?

Or are you seeing the rear of the sponson, same each side, "wet" version (open) sponson.

Back