earth race hydro boat smashed by ship!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they should do the same thing they do to the indonesian illegal fishing boat's, seize the vessel's arresst the people and throw the skippers in prison, then sink there boats to make artifical reef's.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Bill and all the supporters of the Whaling ship,

It is now official that the Whaling ship changed course to make contact with the stationary protest vessel. I doubt that the Australian government or anybody for that matter will have the guts to do anything about it though.

CASE CLOSED.

It is now official that the Whaling ship changed course to make contact with the stationary protest vessel. I doubt that the Australian government or anybody for that matter will have the guts to do anything about it though.

CASE CLOSED.
The proublem is both goverments are spinless to do anything...The sadest thing is we let china and mexico drill oil near our shorelines but our people wont let us do it....The land of brave and free?????????????not!!!...I know if joe's grandpa was still alive he would have said alot about japan,since he served WW2.....but some of those green piece people are dangerious too....They do more harm then good....

The captain of this anti-whaling operation is Paul Watson. Dude is a flake. If anyone has ever watched his TV show on Animal Planet you would know his antics are extremely dangerous and he has no problem at all with putting his crew in harm's way. He is wreckless and very dangerous...mark my words, he will end up getting someone killed.
Couldn't agree more. Paul Watson is leading a terrorist organization.

What would you say if a Japanese pirat group were attacking American fisher boat in Alaska because they didn't like people killing crabs or cod?

I'm not getting sleepless nights because Mr Watson wrecked his borrowed boat. He did it on purpose to get media attention! What a Jackazz!

Whaling is not totally illegal. It is legal if it is for scientistic reasons.

My guess is that this also was in International Water, and nobody owns the area.

Why is it worse to kill a whale than a deer, a fish or a moose?

Just my two cents... :)

The captain of this anti-whaling operation is Paul Watson. Dude is a flake. If anyone has ever watched his TV show on Animal Planet you would know his antics are extremely dangerous and he has no problem at all with putting his crew in harm's way. He is wreckless and very dangerous...mark my words, he will end up getting someone killed.

What would you say if a Japanese pirat group were attacking American fisher boat in Alaska because they didn't like people killing crabs or cod?

I'm not gonna loose my sleep because Mr Watson wrecked his borrowed boat. He did it on purpose to get media attention! What a Jackazz!

My guess is that this also was in International Water, and nobody owns the area.

Harold,

Paul Watson is a fool and is not doing anything for the case of Whales with his actions agreed.

The incident happened in Australian waters so the gutless Australian government should do something.

The Japanese have also admitted that they are not using them forscientific purposes but are in fact using them for food.

The difference is that whales are on the edge of extintion and the other animals you mention are in fact pests and in plague proportions am I not correct.

Paul

I'm not gonna loose my sleep because Mr Watson wrecked his borrowed boat. He did it on purpose to get media attention! What a Jackazz!

Because whales were on the instinted list and now there making a come back....Theres more deer and fish and moose then whales..I can see we should protec them ... but these people that are doing this arent wright in the heads eighter.....the leader is a nut job/case that should go under metal evaluation........too wreck a awsom 2 mil hydro is completely metally stupied.........I bet the builder and designer are upset and hart broken.. all that hard work down on the sea floor with Davie Jones locker....

I am talking about sustainable hunting/whaling. There are many different whale species.

I don't mind a steak whether it is whale or deer. :D

Off course it need to be sustainable though!

I am talking about sustainable hunting/whaling. There are many different whale species.

I don't mind a steak whether it is whale or deer. :D

Off course it need to be sustainable though!
i think i was the hump backs they love to hunt... :( and i think that was the one on the instinction list..remember in the late 1800-early 1900 was really bad on over hunting whales and was to close to instinction of allot of whale species..and we dont want that to happenning again...

The law of the sea is very simple:

1) A "scheduled" vessel has the right of way when confronted with a more manueverable vessel

2) A less manueverable vessel has the right of way vhen confronted by a more manueverable vessel

To put it simply, a small power boat must make way for a sailboat under sail or ship REGARDLESS of either boats heading in relation to the other. A sailboat under power is looked upon as a power boat, giving the vessel approaching from the right the right of way
Bingo !! The clowns ruined an astonishing vessel in an impossible confrontation .

CASE CLOSED.
Whatever, The smaller vessel did not give way to the larger vessel. PERIOD.

I really doubt it is very easy at all to navigate a vessel as large as the whaling ship in close quarters as they had to navigate in. Add the rough sea's, and it only spotlights the idiocy of the pilot of the smaller vessel.

What you don't understand is;

1, I do not condone whaling of any sort.

2, I do not condone stupidity of any sort.

Done.

CASE CLOSED.

I really doubt it is very easy at all to navigate a vessel as large as the whaling ship in close quarters as they had to navigate in. Add the rough sea's, and it only spotlights the idiocy of the pilot of the smaller vessel.

Done.
Bill,

I think that you and I are on the same page but with a few differences.

Everybody has he right to protest but putting other peoples lives and equipment in harms way is stupid.

Greenpeace are wrong and so are the Japanese. The lastest news here in Australia this morning is the Fedral po;ice are expected to lay charges against the Japanese captain, maybe they should also charge Greenpeace with stupidity.

CASE CLOSED.

Done.
Bill,

I think that you and I are on the same page but with a few differences.

Everybody has he right to protest but putting other peoples lives and equipment in harms way is stupid.

Greenpeace are wrong and so are the Japanese. The lastest news here in Australia this morning is the Fedral po;ice are expected to lay charges against the Japanese captain, maybe they should also charge Greenpeace with stupidity.
I do agree with you.. They shouldve charged greenpeace too....Plus Green peace shouldve think on what they did too .. they should be charged with toxic dumping of hazardious waste when they wrecked the boat plus theres fuel and oil aboard that hydro too...

I love watching "Whale Wars" but I won't say why.

Paul Watson left Greenpeace because he wanted tougher tactics like physical intervention, not just peaceful protest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson
anyone heard any more about this???
if we were to arrest people for being stupid 2/3 people would be arested and we would have no government left to make bad decisions they should not be whaling and the othe gut should be arrested for reckless endangernment

D.C would be a great start ! :blink:
the whole DC would be lockedup then...but any hoot any more new news stores from this?? :huh:
No problem with that. The less they do, the better off we are!
Yes these whales are on the endangered list. Yes the Japanese whalers are hunting them LEGALLY under the construct of "scientific research". So by international standards I'm sure these guys are considered to be not much more than pirates by their actions. But then again world wide press is (im sure) worth more than some little boat. My 2 cents.

It was sad them tearing up that race boat. Capt. Watson (and I use the "Capt." as a fairly loose term) is the equivalent of the kid everybody picked on in school, now all grown up (in size) and in charge, he trolls the ocean, with Discovery Channel camera's rolling, to play his little game with the oompa loompa geek squad, all made up of all his school buddies that got beat up too.

He rammed the Yushin Maru, and has had several run in's with the law, and still gets funding.

Ol'e Steve Irwin must be proud. Whaling may produce a cure for Alzheimer's, or a Cancer, through RESEARCH, but that wouldn't get ratings.

Let Government be the law, and not TV.

Someones gonna get hurt, and being the Leader, he will do time.

Especially when the Sea Shepherd ends up in Davy Jones' locker.

Maritime Disregard for the Health and Well being of a crew.

It doesn't make either of the situations right, but Watson is way out of his league here.

Gotta go eat my Tuna Samich, sorry Flipper.

Back