EagleSGX kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

We are thinking about producing lesser completed versions of our EagleSGX riggers.

Currently 80% built, 90%, and Ready to paint is what we produce.

Would anyone be interested in 50% built or less kits?

Let us hear your ideas.

Thanks,

Andy

I'd love to see kits on the market. The success of the Whiplash kits has proven there is a market for full build it yourself kits. The real question is how big the market is.

I'm a ModelBuilder, I would love to see more kits on the market.Cut the parts out put them in a box with good instructions like the good old days, build the boat over the winter and feel good about yourself, because you had to build it from the ground up and that gives me a rush! That's my Opinion--FC

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a terrific idea. Maybe have the sponsons built and drilled, have the tub in a flat kit.
yeah i think it would be alright , but at the price i paid for the 12 boat and im going to pay for my new 67 boat im not complaining, the work is top notch and you know it is gonna work when done. i have a eagle sg with a worn out mac in it that is still competitive in races.. so i know my new boat will be fast as well. also is there any tricks to building them that maybe someone would miss and then blame you for the boats poor performance andy? i can see that happening.?

terry

That is a terrific idea. Maybe have the sponsons built and drilled, have the tub in a flat kit.
yeah i think it would be alright , but at the price i paid for the 12 boat and im going to pay for my new 67 boat im not complaining, the work is top notch and you know it is gonna work when done. i have a eagle sg with a worn out mac in it that is still competitive in races.. so i know my new boat will be fast as well. also is there any tricks to building them that maybe someone would miss and then blame you for the boats poor performance andy? i can see that happening.?

terry

If that means they will be cheaper, then by all means!

We are thinking about producing lesser completed versions of our EagleSGX riggers.Currently 80% built, 90%, and Ready to paint is what we produce.

Let us hear your ideas.

Thanks,

Andy
I can go for that. Depends on the prices to Andy.

terry

If that means they will be cheaper, then by all means!

"also is there any tricks to building them that maybe someone would miss and then blame you for the boats poor performance andy? i can see that happening.?"

Yes Terry, that is an issue. We've built Ready to paint hulls that were immediately ruined with the paint job. Or because someone thought the boat would be faster with a radiused and polished turnfin.

These type of isses cost us tremedous amounts of time on the phone troobleshooting.

I've had to have people send their boats.

After much unsucessful time on the phone one guy even flew me out to California specifically to show me how his Eagle SG was hookning in the turn.

Turned out to be a glitching radio! :rolleyes:

But yes cheaper is the idea!

Andy, being a model boat builder myself, To get the boat to perform at it's best, it must be built strong, straight, and true. not everyone has the abliity to do it. I think, for the good of bussiness and the sport, that a 50% in addition to a 90% would reach a broader range of customer. For me, in regards to buying a boat that you guys not only designed, but built in your shop makes it somewhat special. There are many boaters that can build, so I think it's a great idea.

Bob Tuttle

We are thinking about producing lesser completed versions of our EagleSGX riggers.Currently 80% built, 90%, and Ready to paint is what we produce.

Let us hear your ideas.

Thanks,

Andy
Great idea!!!!!

Love to see an FE Version of the SGX 45 (34" Overall length, sealable hatch covers, etc...)... A Kit would be great for those of us with the skills and desire, but with tight $$$$ ;)

Love to see an FE Version of the SGX 45 (34" Overall length, sealable hatch covers, etc...)... A Kit would be great for those of us with the skills and desire, but with tight $$$$ ;)
Darin,

We have built a couple of those for some N.E. electic racers. Doug Twaits Jr. has one of them.

We will look in to the kit idea.

Andy,

I have 3 Eagles now and they are very predictable when running. Could you spec out roughly what a 50% kit would come with? I will be looking for a 67 for a winter project.

Thanks,

Bill

Kits, either 50% or even full (already cut out pieces) would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

keeps prices down and those tha tlove to build, very satisfying.

carl

Please don't forget build instructions with lots of pictures!!!!

Can't wait!!!!! New .12 boat, here I come!!!

Let us hear your ideas.

Thanks,

Andy

Nice lazer cut part's like the Blazer whiplash, should be an EZ build, I want a 21!! kit, 100% would have to include, your turn fin, boom's and anything that has to be built into any part's prior to assembly too!

Andy As you know I am in need of a tub for my SG. I'll be the first guinea pig, ship it!!

Joe :D

Andy, kits sound like a great idea. As Brian mentioned, the whiplash wood kits go together very well when laser cut. I can only imagine a SGX rigger would be on par. I guess I'd better make some more room in the garage..........

Tyler

Back