eagle twin w/mac 84s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FREE INFORMATION.....ONLY ONE PERSON...ONE...ONE..DID I say ONE. ONE PERSON is TURNING Hard Laps with a TWIN...Using the new style..

Add that to what Jims has posted.

See you in the Corner.....
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_cool.png

If you think for one minute that Rauls boat was performing well.....You are on your Game....
default_wink.png

as I said....Only ONE Person is Turning hard laps.... And those where NOT it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise 2717s with 91s

2817s if you run a 1.01

More than enough to win

Jim,

When are the 2717-23-38s and 2817-23-38s coming out?

Mark Sholund

yes we are running some new blades now-They are 23-47(3) series

we tested out some on the 2.7 Dia now we are running the others this week

We have the molds for the 2617,2619,2717,2719,2721,2817,2819 all in the 23 rake 47 Bar 3 blades

These were designed to help give transom lift with the advantage of having a high rake

I also have a 2315 being tested out and working on the mold for 1615

Sounds great Jim, is the 2315 an improvement of the one out now or the same as the 2 that I have, with the right conditions the 2317 is really fast on our 45 riggers.. Thanks Jim for what you do for our hobby.

Why David ? Do you want to blow it up again !! Had to , sorry !!! BTW Raul did not win because of the props he was running , he won because he played his cards right and drove well with a well prepared machine .

Why David ? Do you want to blow it up again !! Had to , sorry !!! BTW Raul did not win because of the props he was running , he won because he played his cards right and drove well with a well prepared machine .
Ya no doubt!!! And because I wasnt there lol he has a super nice and respectable machine....

i have tested the 2717,2719,2721,2817,2819,2821's all the props are faster than the 1667 i used to use on my 101 Twin. what i have seen testing the props on my RR Twin 101 is the following. with the 2717 and the 2719 the boat ran great no handling issues, turns on the dime does everything its suppose to with a normal needle setting.

ran the 2817's and 2819's speeds went up handling was great had to give a little length on the pipes, richen the motors a bit more and bam it was a rocket very happy with the boat no adjustments to the setup or any changes other than pipe length and richer needle.

NOW heres when it changed when i put the 2821's boat took off like a rocket turn excellent but it wanted to blow over at the end of the straight away dropped the struts kept the same angle originally set by ralph other than took them deeper bam problem fixed handling the boat felt the same to me..

then i ran the 2721's and wow faster than the 2821's ran flawless put a richer needle just to be safe and i was very impressed.

you have to change your hole boat setup to run these new ABC props. if i was to pick a prop to heat race with it would be a 2719 or 2817 no need to go bigger. the speeds using the props are very good now ralph has used 2817 in heat racing with great success.

the testing was done with a Roadrunner Twin Extreme CMB 101's, 12'' on the pipe and 60% Otto fuel with Ralph as my Pitman.

My Roadrunner Twin extreme 45 loves the new ABC props i really did not have to make any changes to the struts just needle changes and move the pipes longer other than that it was a very fast and great handling boat..

my Carbon fiber Twin 101 loved any prop i put on it as stated above other than minor changes to the struts and added angles to them because this twin does not have front end adjustment after that it was very happy and pulled any prop we thru at it big or small.. but that boat is now a permanent shelve queen.

The next time I go out and test when ever that will be. I will be using 2821s V Cuts and 2723s and see what happens
Be careful they will tear a blade off, especially with hop .12"inch pipe is long ,I was running @10.5 with a 2819 an only running CMB 90`s ,,will pull 2170`s doing 99mph haven't been near that with the game changers ,an no problems finding the set up for that ,i just think the game changers are over rated personally ,you can try to sell them to me but after what I have been through you can shelve them
. You mentioned losing a blade. I haven’t lost any. Who prepped the props? Was the TE back cut or drastically ground down to reduce cup? Just curious. Also, you started this thread about 1667’s having a lot of lift. Generally these props handle great on Andy’s boat. Add a little tip rake and you should have no issues, it won’t take much.

i have tested the 2717,2719,2721,2817,2819,2821's all the props are faster than the 1667 i used to use on my 101 Twin. what i have seen testing the props on my RR Twin 101 is the following. with the 2717 and the 2719 the boat ran great no handling issues, turns on the dime does everything its suppose to with a normal needle setting.

ran the 2817's and 2819's speeds went up handling was great had to give a little length on the pipes, richen the motors a bit more and bam it was a rocket very happy with the boat no adjustments to the setup or any changes other than pipe length and richer needle.

NOW heres when it changed when i put the 2821's boat took off like a rocket turn excellent but it wanted to blow over at the end of the straight away dropped the struts kept the same angle originally set by ralph other than took them deeper bam problem fixed handling the boat felt the same to me..

then i ran the 2721's and wow faster than the 2821's ran flawless put a richer needle just to be safe and i was very impressed.

you have to change your hole boat setup to run these new ABC props. if i was to pick a prop to heat race with it would be a 2719 or 2817 no need to go bigger. the speeds using the props are very good now ralph has used 2817 in heat racing with great success.

the testing was done with a Roadrunner Twin Extreme CMB 101's, 12'' on the pipe and 60% Otto fuel with Ralph as my Pitman.

My Roadrunner Twin extreme 45 loves the new ABC props i really did not have to make any changes to the struts just needle changes and move the pipes longer other than that it was a very fast and great handling boat..

my Carbon fiber Twin 101 loved any prop i put on it as stated above other than minor changes to the struts and added angles to them because this twin does not have front end adjustment after that it was very happy and pulled any prop we thru at it big or small.. but that boat is now a permanent shelve queen.

The next time I go out and test when ever that will be. I will be using 2821s V Cuts and 2723s and see what happens
Be careful they will tear a blade off, especially with hop .12"inch pipe is long ,I was running @10.5 with a 2819 an only running CMB 90`s ,,will pull 2170`s doing 99mph haven't been near that with the game changers ,an no problems finding the set up for that ,i just think the game changers are over rated personally ,you can try to sell them to me but after what I have been through you can shelve them
. You mentioned losing a blade. I haven’t lost any. Who prepped the props? Was the TE back cut or drastically ground down to reduce cup? Just curious. Also, you started this thread about 1667’s having a lot of lift. Generally these props handle great on Andy’s boat. Add a little tip rake and you should have no issues, it won’t take much.
Hi Jeff,I didnt mention any thing about losing blades but I will ,Julian mentioned Vcuts on 2821`s to me I would be very wary of doing that there is not a great deal of meat on them props and with hop they will tear quite easy ,Again I didn't say any thing about 1667`s they are a good all round prop but I`m always looking for more this is racing not driving miss daisy . I used to run all kinds of TE cuts on Various props on my single but tore that many blades of them wasn't funny caused a few wrecked boats and ass ends an didn't want Julian to go through that pain ,running any sort of TE cut to any blade is a waiting game for losing a blade even heat treated props I personally have tried hundreds .I now generally only run COCR props so I can back cut with some true reliability an not worry about destroying my boat,an I pay close attention to them ,I do my own props as you learn a lot more and can fine tune to your own boat,,I understand a lot of people cant do there own props but running props not suited to their boats is misleading

You will be at -4 to -6 degrees on the struts .
. I’ve read a post or two on this forum to know you have been running Andy’s twin for awhile. I’m sure you know how to check your negative angle in relation to the points of Andy’s hull which should be level. But, to achieve -6 you would have to bend the tube upward and back down to get this and maintain prop depth. Is this what you have done? If so, I’m sure it is a short bend towards the back of your boat. Andy’s engines are usually mounted on 5 degrees and if you ran the shaft straight all the way to the prop , it would be very deep, that is why you have to reduce the angle to get the strut depth.
Hi Jeff in experimenting with these new props at first had a little trouble with trying to just get the angle at the strut after finding a good angle I pulled the hole strut off the transom and bent the tube to accommodate the new strut angle to take the stress off the shaft tube.

Works fine and haven’t changed the strut depth. Have done this on two twins two 45s and one 90 like I have said -4 to -6 def is where I end up at with the ski -4 with out a ski -5 or -6.
Mr. Schafer sent the props. Tried them at half a deg. N. G..put heavy load on the engines and they quit immediaty. Spoke to Schafer he stated 1 to 2 deg is sufficeint

What he suggested is cut the middle of pad out so to get more adjustment. Got my 1667 finally runing with a bar cut and cutting the dog ears off reducing the load,

boats moving nicely . Rich b.

what was andy's suggested prop?

The props for Each Design of twin is looking you directly in the face. The "Game Changers" are part of a puzzle that most reading DO not realize they have. I have put up my 1667's for another ABC Prop. This will keep me running the current hull with the same set-ups with more speed. Win Win.

When......When the Game Changer shows up to complete the puzzle.....I will be inline for that Too... Until Then....

See you in the Corner. I'm out..!

like Shaefer said above let the prop do the work it was designed for.If the prop does not work need to change setup ,it is not the prop,its the setup .you guys are blowing transom out already and you want more lift???

Back