eagle twin w/mac 84s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff.....study the videos closely. They all show you something that the speed factor blinds you of. Ace is correct. Even if you look at the recent videos of Charlie's races in Flordia. Even Charlie's comment in the post....

Not saying the props don't work..they do, we are faster....but now everyone has identified a new set of issues that the additional speed brings...

Saw it a couple YEARS when I got some 2819's from mark....

As He say " good luck testing".
. I have not watched any videos. I see, you are talking about comments a few posts back. I thought you were referring to Charles having some shaft angle. Thought you were calling that a bandaid?

In the video I was working on the first set ups. I had just started lowering the struts at this point it was at-3 deg and I also had the short sponsons with the smaller turn fin. The next runs I changed to the longer sponsons and larger turn fin and ended up at -5deg and raised the rear sponsons 1.5 deg to accommodate the higher speeds and changed the bushings in the rudder and added a longer rudder to minimize prop walk with the 2821s. Ya it took a bit to change and get the set up to handle these newer props. The lower video is testing at the winter championships.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130286344@N07/39776918861/in/album-72157663007477197

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie your boat is hopping like mad your losing so much drive,an backing off for the turn is old school of thought,,I can keep it full throttle at all times even for slight left turns,you have to remember Charlie we have different boats an as if I would just guess what set up I run I am a bit more methodical than that , I never had a problem untill I went to these new props .David my single 90 works fine with the 2819 with 4 degree of neg but my twin to stay hooked up an not driving the nose up and dragging its ass with every combination of strut depth an angle , sponson and tub angle of attack an turn fin adjustment,even longer rudder they just wont play ball with those props yeah as big Chuck says their fast ,but I can go just as fast without them an have a much better handling boat no backing off for turns no hopping. Maybe I am missing something, we do loose the plot every now an again
default_unsure.png

Jeff ...you are correct....The strut angle adjustment is a Band aid.

Charlie your boat is hopping like mad your losing so much drive,an backing off for the turn is old school of thought,,I can keep it full throttle at all times even for slight left turns,you have to remember Charlie we have different boats an as if I would just guess what set up I run I am a bit more methodical than that , I never had a problem untill I went to these new props .David my single 90 works fine with the 2819 with 4 degree of neg but my twin to stay hooked up an not driving the nose up and dragging its ass with every combination of strut depth an angle , sponson and tub angle of attack an turn fin adjustment,even longer rudder they just wont play ball with those props yeah as big Chuck says their fast ,but I can go just as fast without them an have a much better handling boat no backing off for turns no hopping. Maybe I am missing something, we do loose the plot every now an again
default_unsure.png
Nailed IT...!!!!
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_cool.png

Remember if the front of the boat is lifting from the sponsons top angle not being correct. It will plant the ass end.

The top of the front sponson has a lot to do with how the boat balances.

Forget about the bottom it is what it is. If it is not right or you want to change it get a new sponson made.

When the boat gets to speed with the high rake prop it will shift the balance to the back. with a slight nose down on the sponson it will shift it forward.

The boat is like a teeter totter it will move where pressure is applied.

With some tips down and just a small strut change you will find the sweet spot.

Just don't over do one or the other a little bit will do it.

start from scratch....tub level sponson tips down 1 deg strut on table with 1.5 deg in it.

Strut angle is a adjustment for the differences in props.

If you think you don't need to adjust the strut angle and height with different props you are lost........................Time to find some thing new to play with.
David my boat is fine without those props , done all that you have said , am playing with different props , I run out of ideas for making those props work cant say i tried , i have wasted alot of time an gone backwards with boat handling not speed . but give it time I will stew it over in my mind for a while an maybe come back an revise , the universe goes in cycles maybe next cycle it will work
default_cool.png
default_cool.png

i have tested the 2717,2719,2721,2817,2819,2821's all the props are faster than the 1667 i used to use on my 101 Twin. what i have seen testing the props on my RR Twin 101 is the following. with the 2717 and the 2719 the boat ran great no handling issues, turns on the dime does everything its suppose to with a normal needle setting.

ran the 2817's and 2819's speeds went up handling was great had to give a little length on the pipes, richen the motors a bit more and bam it was a rocket very happy with the boat no adjustments to the setup or any changes other than pipe length and richer needle.

NOW heres when it changed when i put the 2821's boat took off like a rocket turn excellent but it wanted to blow over at the end of the straight away dropped the struts kept the same angle originally set by ralph other than took them deeper bam problem fixed handling the boat felt the same to me..

then i ran the 2721's and wow faster than the 2821's ran flawless put a richer needle just to be safe and i was very impressed.

you have to change your hole boat setup to run these new ABC props. if i was to pick a prop to heat race with it would be a 2719 or 2817 no need to go bigger. the speeds using the props are very good now ralph has used 2817 in heat racing with great success.

the testing was done with a Roadrunner Twin Extreme CMB 101's, 12'' on the pipe and 60% Otto fuel with Ralph as my Pitman.

My Roadrunner Twin extreme 45 loves the new ABC props i really did not have to make any changes to the struts just needle changes and move the pipes longer other than that it was a very fast and great handling boat..

my Carbon fiber Twin 101 loved any prop i put on it as stated above other than minor changes to the struts and added angles to them because this twin does not have front end adjustment after that it was very happy and pulled any prop we thru at it big or small.. but that boat is now a permanent shelve queen.

The next time I go out and test when ever that will be. I will be using 2821s V Cuts and 2723s and see what happens.

i have tested the 2717,2719,2721,2817,2819,2821's all the props are faster than the 1667 i used to use on my 101 Twin. what i have seen testing the props on my RR Twin 101 is the following. with the 2717 and the 2719 the boat ran great no handling issues, turns on the dime does everything its suppose to with a normal needle setting.

ran the 2817's and 2819's speeds went up handling was great had to give a little length on the pipes, richen the motors a bit more and bam it was a rocket very happy with the boat no adjustments to the setup or any changes other than pipe length and richer needle.

NOW heres when it changed when i put the 2821's boat took off like a rocket turn excellent but it wanted to blow over at the end of the straight away dropped the struts kept the same angle originally set by ralph other than took them deeper bam problem fixed handling the boat felt the same to me..

then i ran the 2721's and wow faster than the 2821's ran flawless put a richer needle just to be safe and i was very impressed.

you have to change your hole boat setup to run these new ABC props. if i was to pick a prop to heat race with it would be a 2719 or 2817 no need to go bigger. the speeds using the props are very good now ralph has used 2817 in heat racing with great success.

the testing was done with a Roadrunner Twin Extreme CMB 101's, 12'' on the pipe and 60% Otto fuel with Ralph as my Pitman.

My Roadrunner Twin extreme 45 loves the new ABC props i really did not have to make any changes to the struts just needle changes and move the pipes longer other than that it was a very fast and great handling boat..

my Carbon fiber Twin 101 loved any prop i put on it as stated above other than minor changes to the struts and added angles to them because this twin does not have front end adjustment after that it was very happy and pulled any prop we thru at it big or small.. but that boat is now a permanent shelve queen.

The next time I go out and test when ever that will be. I will be using 2821s V Cuts and 2723s and see what happens
Be careful they will tear a blade off, especially with hop .12"inch pipe is long ,I was running @10.5 with a 2819 an only running CMB 90`s ,,will pull 2170`s doing 99mph haven't been near that with the game changers ,an no problems finding the set up for that ,i just think the game changers are over rated personally ,you can try to sell them to me but after what I have been through you can shelve them

Well Dang if ya running 99 mph with 2170 thats like a 8-8.5 lap on the 1/3 here - Why would you want to change anything on setup-These new props we designed for newer style riggers-Some like them some don't .But with any prop and rig it is all about weight balance after plane etc, The boat has to set up right to run at the higher speeds we are now seeing.

Well Dang if ya running 99 mph with 2170 thats like a 8-8.5 lap on the 1/3 here - Why would you want to change anything on setup-These new props we designed for newer style riggers-Some like them some don't .But with any prop and rig it is all about weight balance after plane etc, The boat has to set up right to run at the higher speeds we are now seeing.
Hi Jim any way with out changing the computer design of your props and add lift to theses props thanks Charles

Rake angle and Rake progression along with pitch have a lot to do with lift - if you what to change the nature of the handling of a stock prop its best to talk to the guys who finish them-they do the mods- But your best solution will always be to allow the prop to do the work intended

The next time I go out and test when ever that will be. I will be using 2821s V Cuts and 2723s and see what happens
Be careful they will tear a blade off, especially with hop .12"inch pipe is long ,I was running @10.5 with a 2819 an only running CMB 90`s ,,will pull 2170`s doing 99mph haven't been near that with the game changers ,an no problems finding the set up for that ,i just think the game changers are over rated personally ,you can try to sell them to me but after what I have been through you can shelve them
. The 2170 is a fast prop for sure, it’s best to use it for SAW. If your going to compare 2 different props versus speed, compare a 2170 to the 2721. They have the same pitch ratio. A 2819 has less pitch than a 2170. A 2721 ran 98.7 mph in my single f hydro heat race boat last year in 95 degrees weather. I was not pressing it, it could have ran over 100 easy. I was able to turn it well. Twins can be tough in the turns at high speeds. I’m trying different things on my twin now also.

Back