E-Lam Out Of The Gold Cup(Maybe NOT!)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Whitehead

The E-Lam flipped and broke in two this morning while qualifying for the Gold Cup.

Fortunately, the driver (J.W. Myers) appears unhurt.

KW

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee that's too bad for Kelly. Since 1/8 is a scale class...guess I'll just have to get the mallet and chisle out and modify his hull. :)

Shoot Kevin you had me going there for a minute....Thats just some shots of one of those flying hydros. :p

All I can say is OOOOF!

The Elam crew is saying that they should not be counted out yet. They are going to try and repair the boat in time to run the Gold Cup.

If they succeed in repairing that badly of a damaged boat, in that short of a time, we may finally have a boat repair saga that is greater than the Dennis Whitt LSH repair feat of the 2003 Michigan Cup! :)

KW

Ask yourself this question...

The U-3 came into this race second in National points, has prop problems and gets a DNF and DNS and we have zero information. The ABRA has a long way to go to get beyond the pathetic coverage we get. We can write a book on the U-16 and we have zero on the U-3

Kevin Whitehead said:
The Elam boat qualified for the Gold Cup this morning.
An incredible repair job.

KW

107343[/snapback]

The U-16 was not that badly damaged when it flipped. Cowl, wing and up-rights were trashed. The real damage was the left shoe of the hull. By the end of the day the crew had the new/rebuilt shoe ready to go on the hull. It ran without the cowl or wing but it had its uprights on.

IS there any internet video coverage of this stuff? I would love to watch the races but I'm not going to spend another $20 bucks a month on cable for the speed channel.

That's the sad thing, it's not even on Speed, it's on OLN sometime this fall. There is no video of complete races in the ABRA. However, you can see the entire heats of action of the ULHRA here and hear some noise as well.

http://www.ulrs.org/

Pagemaster said:
IS there any internet video coverage of this stuff? I would love to watch the races but I'm not going to spend another $20 bucks a month on cable for the speed channel.
107405[/snapback]

With all the technology these days, no video coverage of these events is a shame! How do they except to build viewers? We cant all be at these events.

steven

I agree completly.......

Steven H.

Pagemaster said:
With all the technology these days, no video coverage of these events is a shame! How do they except to build viewers? We cant all be at these events.
steven

107417[/snapback]

Years ago during the heyday of Compaq computers they used to sponsor an offshore race in New Hampshire. It was awesome going to see them live. But if you couldn't go to the race it was never broadcast anywhere. Than Compaq dropped the sponsor ship and the race fell apart. A huge bummer! We should start an email campaign to the boat racing coordinators.

Steven

Goodluck.....if you suggest something, they will call you negative.

Pagemaster said:
Years ago during the heyday of Compaq computers they used to sponsor an offshore race in New Hampshire. It was awesome going to see them live. But if you couldn't go to the race it was never broadcast anywhere. Than Compaq dropped the sponsor ship and the race fell apart. A huge bummer! We should start an email campaign to the boat racing coordinators.
Steven

107419[/snapback]

The audio coverage is excellent today!

thanks

Steve

sjslhill said:

Pagemaster said:
Steven

107419[/snapback]

107421[/snapback]

sjslhill said:
thanks

Steve

sjslhill said:

Pagemaster said:
Steven

107419[/snapback]

107421[/snapback]

107423[/snapback]

My great grandfather used to listen to audio broadcast events! :p

These days we have that thing we call satellite TV, the organizers better figure this out before they go the way of the dinosaur!

STeven

I don't think they really care, they have enough money from the race sites and it's just an exclusive club and hobby for a few people.

Pagemaster said:
sjslhill said:
thanks

Steve

sjslhill said:

Pagemaster said:
Steven

107419[/snapback]

107421[/snapback]

107423[/snapback]

My great grandfather used to listen to audio broadcast events! :p

These days we have that thing we call satellite TV, the organizers better figure this out before they go the way of the dinosaur!

STeven

107426[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back