DUMAS Pay-n-Pac

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTR

Hi Guy's

I know a lot of people out there use the DUMAS Pay-n-Pac for a sport 21 hydro. What changes have guy's found that really help the performance. Any or all ideas tried that worked I'd like to hear about. Thanks

Curious :rolleyes:

Go to Grims web site and check out the pictures !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah as a driver of one some day I'd to like to know what changes are happening to better them.....LOL.........right GTR! :D

#1 and most important is to make the last 4.5 to 5 inches of the sponsons flat..(no rocker) You should do this anyway...

Grim

I'm curious if any of you people who've built the Dumas could put some pictures of the bottom of your boats? I've heard that people were hitting 60+ mph's w/this boat. What's the secret??

:blink:

Hey grim flat in which way-sponsons flat when you put it on the table? No dihedral? No window under the strut? please need more info.

Wow that was cool.....

View attachment 1065

Hey Chris,

Where can I get a propeller like that? I really like the finish on that one.

How Much $$ For That Beauty? :unsure:

Nice pictures!

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

How come this threadwebsite doesn't log you in sometimes?

Like that Magna-Flux look do ya?

That prop is from a full size unlimited and Magnaflux is the flourecent green stuff they spray on it to inspect it for damage (nicks, cracks ect) under a black light.

Lay,

Go to the Boat section. Click on the tab that reads: Special reduced, or marked down items. It's on the 5 or 6 page.

Hey I find this amazing - I know that the DUMAS P&P is quite popular as a sport 21 but nobody must have found anything that needed changing. Unreal a perfectly designed boat! Is it just that everybody is affraid to lose their competitive edge. Don't worry I'm in Australia! Also haven't you heard that better competition makes you a better driver.

GT :p

THere is a nearly identical discussion underway in our "parallel universe" (rc boat.com). Dave Roach and his brother widened the hull an inch and reduced the sponson depth. They may have also reduced the angle of attack on the sponson runners. A lightweight wood cowl was also part of the modification. The main radio box was placed on the right side behind the engine. The battery went in front of the engine. Fuel ended up in the left sponson. Speed with a K&B was quoted in the 60 mph range.

Bob Heywood

Dayton, OH

USA

Latest posts

Back