Dumas Hot Shot 45 Setup and Opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Have a nib hotshot 45 glass hull coming and was wondering if I could set it up fe not outboard but fe inboard. How long and wide is it.

What is the attitude of the boat on the water, ie handling, speed, turns etc.

Also who has personal experience with the boat. Should I consider making it an outboard electric instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a nib hotshot 45 glass hull coming and was wondering if I could set it up fe not outboard but fe inboard. How long and wide is it.

Also who has personal experience with the boat. Should I consider making it an outboard electric instead.

Its an old design and not up to par with any current design. If its just a fun boat, it will be ok. The sponsons are too shallow and cornering suffers. I had 2 of them back in the 80's....

I designed boat probably around 30 years ago. It could be set up as an FE inboard(not all that sure about the "F" part of FE). I don't have a clue what would be the best motor/ESC/Drive System. Been a lot of advancements in model tunnel boat design since that boat was first released.

JD

Latest posts

Back