Cozy: my fast electrics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk Jan Cozy

Hi all, here's some info from some of my fe hulls, with some photos and running footage.

Hydromite
Hull length 19.6"
2848 3900kV
3S 3000mAh
31mm 2 blade steel prop
Top speed:50.5 mph

20220727_110743.jpg

Cozy F1 Tunnel (own design)
Hull length: 23"
2960 2800kV outrunner
4S 3000mAh
33-36mm props
Top speed: 48.5 mph

20220727_171456.jpg

Here's a small video I made yesterday.

Nice looking boats dirk! That's really hauling a$$ for a 19.6 hull. The electrics have come along way since we raced them.
Back then we had nicads, car motors and gear drives 😆. And about 4 minutes of run time max. Really thinking about going with some electrics again. Awesome job!!!

Michael

Thanks Michael! Yes I remember those days. Actually, the Hydromite was originally built with 18 turns brushed motor and 7 cell NiMh cells. I built it 16 years ago. At that time, brushless drives just got reasonably priced. I upgraded to brushless after 1 year of brushed running. Top speed immediately doubled. It still goes strong today, with that same brushless motor!

Yea, we ran alot of Ed hughey's single and twin gear drives with a lot of different gear ratios.
With two 16 turn triple wind dieter motors we spun some pretty big props! A 646 three blade on my 36 inch mono and a1950 two blade on a hydro.
They were fast and very competitive on 12 and 14 cell nicads! Motors only lasted about half a season though lol...

Michael

@Wages: I enjoy designing and building boats as much as driving them. Seeing your design come to life from your pc screen to your work shop and in the water, is really rewarding!

Here's the build of my Predator rigger. It is a small fe rigger which I built quite a while ago.

Thinking about my next build now. It will be either a mono or hydro.

Hi all, here's some info from some of my fe hulls, with some photos and running footage.

Hydromite
Hull length 19.6"
2848 3900kV
3S 3000mAh
31mm 2 blade steel prop
Top speed:50.5 mph

View attachment 307316

Cozy F1 Tunnel (own design)
Hull length: 23"
2960 2800kV outrunner
4S 3000mAh
33-36mm props
Top speed: 48.5 mph

View attachment 307317

Here's a small video I made yesterday.

The colors are great. Nice looking boats

Hi all, here's a video review of my mini hydro:

If you're getting tired of my video postings, let me know 😅.

My 32" Wildthing Mono build will be my next focus. Happy boating!

Great video... that little thing rips !!!
I have no electric boats, but a little hull like this one peaks my interest!!
I love the creativity you build into your boats, light, strong, and great runners... I really like the way you intergrated the wood standoff for the rudder!
Keep the videos coming!

I appreciate the feedback guys! 🙏 I will continue the uploads and you will see another wooden rudder bracket on my 32" WildThing 😎

Back